Saturday's Menu 6/5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Pork Tenderloin in a Mushroom Cream Sauce, Nuked Sweet Potato, Steamed Asparagus Spears ........

Pork Tenderloin, Mushroom Sauce.jpg

We ordered Caribbean food. DH ordered a combo griot and jerk chicken. I ordered goat curry. They both came with rice and beans. Mine also had fried plantain. That was delicious. Both dishes come with a salad. We put on note on my order "no tomatoes". We only got one salad. It was all tomato and cucumber. DH doesn't like cucumber or raw tomato, so that was a waste. But, the food was really good.

I didn't feel like cooking, Himself didn't feel like eating. Perfect! I did make tuna salad which became tuna melts on mimi croissants, plus a side dish of tomato.

Himself said the little croissants looked like stuffed potato skins. [emoji1]IMG_20210605_214754062.jpg

Tonight, the dish I made was an old favorite - Mahogany Fire Noodles. I always make this when I get enough spearmint and basil to top it with - 3/4 c each. I have to make it with frozen Thai peppers at this time, until the thai peppers start producing.
12 cloves of garlic and 20 Thai chilis, to make the paste for the mahogany fire noodles. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

1 1/2 cups of basil and spearmint, to toss with the finished noodles. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished mahogany fire noodles. by pepperhead212, on Click

So engrossed in watching WCWS playoffs that I didn't want to spend time in kitchen.
Put a pork butt in the slow cooker. It wasn't ready when we got hungry so, I made a quick batch of waffles, along with bacon.

Pulled pork will be Sunday's dinner.

Of course, there was cake later.

Ross

Craig made meatloaf and sides.

Attachments

• 2021-06-05 19.04.45.jpg
    2021-06-05 19.04.45.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 40
We went out to dinner last night, to a place run by two Bolivian sisters. They have an interesting variety of Central and South American food. I had tamales with braised beef and DH had stuffed poblanos. Interestingly, the poblanos were roasted but not peeled and they weren't tough at all.
20210605_200059.jpg2021-06-06-11-37-57.jpeg

Yesterday, my godson turned two. (I cannot believe he is two already!) No party last year due to the pandemic, but we had a cookout yesterday. Hamburgers, hotdogs, and pulled pork.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom