Saturday, June 12, 2021, what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Korean fried chicken with togarashi spiced Kewpie mayo and Asian glazed mixed veges.

Attachments

• 2021-06-12 17.56.47.jpg
    2021-06-12 17.56.47.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 150
No dinner for us. My daughters took SO and me out to eat for an early Father’s Day celebration. I had a house burger with fries and rings. SO had a crab cake sandwich.

We got Chinese take out tonight. We got one combo "plate" (a very full clam shell) of chicken with cashews, pork fried rice, and an egg roll. Also an order of shrimp egg fu yung. Tasty stuff.

Medtran, that looks yummy. I'm also going to guess that you made yours a whole lot more from scratch that my supper.

My supper was total lazy cheat. I made a Thai chicken stir fry. This is the sauce I used:

chilli-coconut-stir-fry-sauce.png

It was tasty with a lovely level of heat.

And I used a frozen stir fry mix of vegis. DH cooked the (brown) rice several days ago.

So, I just followed the directions and voilà, supper. I accidentally used more veg than called for, but that was fine. In fact, I will use even more veg next time. Also, a bit of tamari helped kick it up. I will probably use something other than chicken next time. I don't much enjoy cutting raw chicken into cubes. :ermm:

Chicken and vegi stir fry with Thai chili coconut sauce and brown rice.jpg

Wish I had pictures. I was too busy cooking to take any. Sorry.

Tonight’s dinner was epic. It was the last opportunity to gather with my girls, and with family friends before I move to Montana. We did this one right. Here’s what ee had:

Brought by friends – perfectly roasted Cornish game hens, seasoned mildly with salt, garlic, and pepper, and stuffed with lemon wedges. The hens were tender, and succulent, creating a need for napkins to wipe the juices fro your face.

Mashed Potatoes, – made by me from half Yukon Gold, Half Russets, boiled until tender, pressed through a ricer, then allowed to dry for ten minutes over low heat. The 5lbs. Of potatoes had 2 sticks of brown butter, and ½ cup of heavy cream folded into them, until completely incorporated.

Honey-Butter Glazed Carrots, cooked until they had just a bit of crunch left. I made those as well. Do I need to say more?

Made by me, and youngest daughter – First, gluten free short bread to crumble and use for cheesecake crust – buttery, and crisp.
New York Cheesecake with lemon curd/fresh raspberry topping. It came out creamy and delicious., with just the right amount for all to have a generous slice.

Compliments on every part of the meal were sounded by all, even the young teenage boys, and to everyone. The only issue I had is that my stomach can only handle one serving anymore, I was pleasantly full. Another bite would have left me stuffed.

This meal gave me the opportunity to put forth effort, one last time, to make great food for people I love, and for friends to get some recognition for their really well done contribution to the meal. Best of all, after a year of Covid forced seclusion, we all had a chance to get together, and share food, and most importantly, friendship.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I do have a picture of the game hens. I just didn't take them.

Ah rars! The picture is too detailed (to large) and won't load.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the Nort

Last edited:
I forgot about Irfanview. I had it on my last laptop. I just downloaded, and installed it. Let's try this again.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Attachments

• GAME HENS Resized.jpg
    GAME HENS Resized.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 54

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom