Thursday's Offering - 6/24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Hot Breast of Turkey Sandwich, Mashed Yukon Golds, Gravy, Dilled Carrots and Pearls, Tomato salad...

IMG_6194.jpg

Sandwich, Hot Turkey.jpg

I made fusilli carbanaroid. It was whole grain spelt fusilli and it was delicious. I wouldn't have noticed that it wasn't whole grain wheat. Well, I do like the other pasta we get from Felicetti. I served that with a leafy salad dressed with homemade vinaigrette.

Pasta Carbanaroid and a leafy salad with homemade vinaigrette 2.jpg

Pasta Carbanaroid and a leafy salad with homemade vinaigrette 1.jpg

Our GS is here for a long weekend (first visit since quarantine), so we're customizing our meals to his favorites. Tonight we had ACS, a family favorite.

I'm having chicken tacos. Toppings to included sauteed cabbage, onion, and jalapeno. Turnip greens on the side. My fish, Sara and Maybelle, love a few blanched leaves of whatever greens are on the menu.

Rooted baby-back pork ribs, sauced with my own bbq sauce, baked great Northern beans with brown sugar, onion, poblano, molasses, bacon, chili powder, and coarse mustard.

Grand kids & daughter in law loved it, me too.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I made fusilli carbanaroid. It was whole grain spelt fusilli and it was delicious. I wouldn't have noticed that it wasn't whole grain wheat. Well, I do like the other pasta we get from Felicetti. I served that with a leafy salad dressed with homemade vinaigrette.

View attachment 47454

View attachment 47455

Hmm. "whole grain spelt fusilli"? "Felicetti"?

I've been sticking to whole grain pasta for a few years. Limits the options a bit though and there are brands that I really dislike. Will look into Spelt pasta and Felicetti.

I'm often confused about which imported pasta is whole wheat.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Himself grilled a few bratwurst links and a length of smoked kielbasa. We had that with sauerkraut, pickled beets, potato chips, and the last of my homemade dill pickles. Brigham's "Big Dig" ice cream for dessert.

Hmm. "whole grain spelt fusilli"? "Felicetti"?

I've been sticking to whole grain pasta for a few years. Limits the options a bit though and there are brands that I really dislike. Will look into Spelt pasta and Felicetti.

I'm often confused about which imported pasta is whole wheat.

Thanks for the recommendations.

The Felicetti stuff is really good. It is imported from Italy. The package is in English. Well, English and French here. Bionaturæ is another excellent brand of imported pasta. It's also written in English. I find it even better than the Felicetti, but it's more expensive and I don't find it as many places. It's hard enough to find the Felicetti other than at health food stores, which is where I first came across those two brands.

The Felicetti spelt fusilli:

Felicetti spelt fusilli.jpg

And here's some Bionaturæ whole wheat fusilli:

Bionaturæ whole wheat fusilli.jpg

Had plans for a Mexican dinner of enchiladas, beans and rice but, breakfast out, shopping for groceries and then baking bagels wore me out. I DID get the chicken cooked and shredded tho.

We settled for PBJ sandwiches.

Old age can be a hassle. :ermm:

Ross

I thought I posted this! I had soup for dinner, but it did not seem to fit my mindset. Stopping by the Asian Market, I picked up a few things to go with soup. So we ended up having zongzi with fried egg, pot stickers, and baby bok choy. Oh, and chicken noodle soup!

Attachments

• 2021-06-24.jpg
    2021-06-24.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 46
I hosted my book club meeting Thursday. The book had an Ottoman theme, so I made mini Turkish pide (they describe it as Turkish pizza, although the dough is shaped like a boat), Turkish meatballs with yogurt dipping sauce made with za'atar and cookies made with mahlep (Turkish spice - it's the pit of St. Lucie cherries), rose water, dried cherries and cashews. I completely forgot to take pictures, except for the cookies. The picture of the meatballs is from the recipe that inspired me.
Screenshot_20210625-175936_YouTube.jpg2021-06-27-11-02-35.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom