Using a Marrow in hot weather?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BML

Assistant Cook
Are there any ways that a Marrow can be used in hot weather?

Do you BBQ?

Scoop out/hollow, fill with a stuffing (meat/vegies/salsa?) Oil, wrap in foil, toss on the grill.

Suggest indirect heat, timing will depend on size.

All of the above minus the foil - into the microwave.

Almost forgot - Don't forget to top with some yummy melting cheese!

I read the original post early this morning. Didn't understand the question.

Read dragnlaw's reply and don't understand the answer.

Only use of the word marrow I know about is the stuff in the hollow part inside a bone.

Is BML talking about how to get the marrow out in summertime without heating up the kitchen with a slow braise?

Is dragnlaw talking about stuffing a bone?

Or, more likely, does "Marrow" have some meaning unknown to me other than "bone marrow?"

I was assuming OP meant a vegetable marrow - also known as squash, zucchini, etc.

"The term "marrow" (or for some, "marrow vegetable" or "vegetable marrow") refers to several varieties of thin-skinned, tender summer squash. You're most likely to hear this term in the UK; in the United States, they're called summer squash or zucchini."

Last edited:
Thank you, dragnlaw.

So "hot weather" relates to how to make use of abundant summertime summer squash harvests?

Well, OP didn't mention 'abundant'. Again guessing, just one meal? Which is why I mentioned using the BBQ/Grill or Micro.

But come to think of it,

thinly sliced, raw, either (depending on how thin the skin is) with or without skin and directly into a salad could also work.

Cut into slabs (lengthwise) for on the grill or in a pan.

Let us know what you eventually decide BML!

Back
Top Bottom