How to substitute whole grain for pearled farro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

confooseddesi89

Assistant Cook
I would like to create the recipe at https://30seconds.com/food/tip/2423...t-Chicken-Farro-Recipe-With-Caramelized-Leeks. The recipe calls for pearled or semi-pearled farro, but I want to substitute whole grain farro as it is healthier. The recipe calls for adding the semi-peraled/pearled farro to a pan which has chicken and vegetables and cooking for 25-30 minutes. I'm wondering if I should pre-soak the whole grain farro to ensure it is cooked through by the 25-30 minutes. I don't want to keep the farro cooking in the pan past this time, as I'd risk overcooking the chicken and veggies. I'd appreciate your input. Thanks!

Personally I pre soak the farro, but I usually cook it by itself then add ingredients at the end to make like a farro salad type of a thing . Ive never really added it to a dish to complete the cooking process, therefor my advice is of little help and doesn't apply.

The only thing I can add is that I find it to have a pretty large range in between under cooked and over cooked which gives a pretty big window.

Lake Grove NY ?

Thanks! I'll probably try cooking it 30 mins before to make sure it's done. Will let you know how it turns out!

Yes, Lake Grove NY!

Back
Top Bottom