Dinner On This Last Day Of August ~ 8/31/21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
Mom made a command decision, since I had
worked so hard today, I deserved to have dinner out,
have someone else cook for me!
Well, it was linner really, we go early to beat the crowds.

IMG_0830.jpg

Mom had Eggplant Parmesan

IMG_0831.jpg

DH his usual, small House Salad and a 10" Cheese Pizza

IMG_0832.jpg

I tried something different, Grilled Chicken in a
lovely Pesto Sauce over Penne Pasta

We ate the ribs I cooked up on Saturday, with savory bread stuffing. and corn. Everyone was happy. Don't have any idea what I'll be making for supper tomorrow night, maybe something with chicken.

Seeeeya; Chiedf Longwind of the North

Egglant Parmesan, with garlic/red wine sauce from our greenhouse tomatoes and herbs. Herself is trying to go plant-based, so I made two pans, one with vegan mozzarella and parmesan, and the other with regular cheese. Vegan:

G91mfzl.jpg

Mozzarella and Reggiano Parmesan:

kmEjhSv.jpg

Wine was Paitin Serra Barbera d'Alba— really good!

Last edited:
I cannot believe that 2/3 of 2021 is gone!

Himself grilled corn and pork chops, saucing the chops the last few minutes of cooking. The other sides were a mustard-potato salad and green beans with mushrooms. A bowl of blueberry cornbread on the side.

The salad recipe was from a recent Southern Living magazine. Normally, we like the recipes I make from SL, but Himself wasn't that impressed with this potato salad. I liked it good enough, but not good enough to make it again for just me.

The blueberry/cornbread loaf was a total fail for me. I used a bread pan. After 30 minutes it was still wobbly in the center. I kept putting it into the toaster oven, then taking it out to test...and back into the oven. Nearly an hour later, I figured it HAD to be done. The loaf broke apart as I put it onto the cooling rack. We had the outer edge for supper tonight. I put the rest into a baking dish and stuck it back into the oven to finish baking. It's all broken apart, but we'll eat it with spoons...and, just maybe, vanilla ice cream :brows:

Plenty of leftover everything.

IMG_20210831_211725560.jpg

Last edited:
Tonight I had a repeat of the chicken fried steak with mashed sweet potatoes and country gravy, Italian beans and greens, and a 2017 Latue Tinto Tempranillo – La Mancha, España.

We ordered pizza, a "Mory combo". It had a lot of tasty stuff on it. I braved the tomato sauce as a test, to see if it bothers me. There wasn't a lot of sauce, so that's good for me. Anyhoo, we really enjoyed that.

Back
Top Bottom