Wednesday's Dinner Thread - 9/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Right now, I have no clue what dinner might be...because I'm making Death By Chocolate Dump Cake! I haven't made this one before, but it sounds like a good one to have, in case I need a quick dessert while out camping later this month!

It is in the oven now...
IMG_5559.jpg

The plan was to have some sausage ravioli with a marinara sauce. SO offered to fetch the sauce from the freezer in the basement. Later I noticed she brought up some tomato sauce with sausage so we had that on the ravs. Turned out to be a good choice.

748C6384-24F6-4EC1-A12B-D32E98A77332_1_105_c.jpg

Nothing wrong with cake FOR dinner, Ginny. Add a bit of vanilla ice cream and you have the dairy group covered.

Himself suggested we go out to eat sometime this week, but neither of us could think of anyplace that wasn't our favorite Irish pub. I then realized that I would be driving past a favorite but rarely visited rib place on my way to the Birdie store for seed! BT's is right on the edge of the Sturbridge tourist strip, which I avoid... but not tonight. I bought a rack of ribs, local corn and tomatoes, corn muffins from the one-off grocery store and opened a can of baked beans. Heaven on a plate!

IMG_20210915_200059620.jpg

That sounds great, CG!

DH would never do cake for dinner! He's just not that into sweets. I've pulled some stuff out of the freezer: pork tamales, green chile tamales and spicy pinto beans. Ta-da! Dinner!

Scrambled eggs w/ peanut butter toast, salad, watermelon, and a dark chocolate w/sea salt mini bar. Mom had the eggs and toast, but no salad and strawberries for dessert.

Recipe was requested by msmofet, so I thought I would post a link to the Death By Chocolate cake recipe, in case there are other curious minds!? ;-) I cooked it about 10 mins longer than the recipe's requested 30 mins. It was super yummy, served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a dollop of whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel and chocolate, just because I had them! Forgot the cherry on top and the picture tool Sorry! Had to dig in!

Here's the recipe link: https://mariasmixingbowl.com/death-by-chocolate-dump-cake/

Back
Top Bottom