Thursday's Dinner Thread 9/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Smoked Pork Chop on the Grill, Roasted Yukons, Harvard Beets.........

Pork Chop, Smoked, Grilled.jpg

I made hot chicken sandwiches. I used leftover roasted chicken and made gravy with the saved pan juices. I put it on whole grain wheat miche (country style, round, bread loaf). It was delicious and seemed appropriate for a gloomy day. We'll have extra vegis tomorrow.

My plate:

Hot chicken sandwich.jpg

DH's plate:

Hot chicken sandwiches.jpg

Todays lunch: Red quinoa, eggs, mushrooms, chard and carrots in veg broth. Sprinkled with a little sesame oil and a LOT of pepper.

qionoa.jpg

Bean salad. Canned chickpeas (drained), broccoli florets, red bell pepper, quinoa, shredded carrots, and roasted almonds. I had a chopped serrano pepper on mine. Dressed with honey, soy sauce, miso, and lemon juice. Glass of Airlie Seven (a blend of seven white varietals).

IMz21ro.jpg

Last edited:
Grocery shopped today. I brought home a value pack of pork chops; the two on top were saying "grill me!" Himself was an angel, grilling through a bit of a sprinkle. At least it's warm outside. I cut fresh steamed corn off the cob. Himself also had a nuked-then-grilled potato; I finished little bits of leftover peas, and sauteed grapes.

IMG_20210923_211852327.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

Found this a whiles back pokin' around the mega-mart, thought it sounded interesting.

IMG_0919.jpg

I grilled some Zucchini and B/S Chicken thighs with my homemade Greek-Inspired Seasoning, served them along side the Couscous.

Meh. :neutral:

It was okay I guess, Mom & I were fine with it, though Mom said it was missing something ... I was smart enough to know that DH was not about to eat THAT!
:LOL:
Not pictured, roasted Baby Dutch Yellow Potatoes, the leftovers will morph into Home Fries for breakfast tomorrow.
:chef:

Looks yummy & I love Harvard Beets...but most folks don't know what they are, these days.

That's how I thought all beets came when I was growing up.
I agree, so many people don't know what they are! (must be 'cause they're from another planet.)

[B said:
salt and pepper[/B];1662938]Pork dumpling, shiitake mushrooms, scallops & seaweed salad.....

That's a HUGE dumpling -looks great! how'd you cook it?

That's how I thought all beets came when I was growing up.
I agree, so many people don't know what they are! (must be 'cause they're from another planet.)

[B said:
salt and pepper[/B];1662938]Pork dumpling, shiitake mushrooms, scallops & seaweed salad.....

That's a HUGE dumpling -looks great! how'd you cook it?

I put it in a steamer for 4 minutes...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom