Tuesday's Fare - Nat'l Sons Day 9/28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Stacked Burgers & Garlic Mashed Potatoes under Mushroom Gravy,
Steamed Super-Sized Brussels Sprouts ............

Burgers & Mash.jpg

Looks LT!

We three took a ride to the Mall a coupla towns up from us so I could pick up a few things for our Communities upcoming Craft & Bake Sale.
I'll be selling my Half Bundt Cakes again, Rum and Kahlua, so I needed the packaging for them.

After we finished that we went for Linner (late lunch/early dinner) at Olive Garden.
We each requested the Never Ending Soup, Salad and Bread Sticks.
I used my $10 gift card that I've had for quite sometime.
DH and I normally don't do "chain restaurants", but we agreed that we'll certainly go back again for that Lunch Deal ... $8.79 + tax & tip.
I tell ya, Mom sure can pack away the food :ermm: She had two bowls of Soup, three plates of Salad and 4 Breadsticks... more than DH! :LOL:
*belch*
I think we'll all be good for the rest of the day, well, except for dessert later ;)

We ordered "Dagwood" on wholewheat from Dagwoods. My toppings were lettuce, onions, hot banana peppers, black olives and Dagwoods Signature Sauce. That was tasty. Since I have mentioned Dagwood sandwiches a number of times before this, I figured it was time to post some pix of my sandwich. DH also ordered a Dagwood, but with different toppings.

Dagwood sandwich.jpg half dagwood sandwich, open.jpg

We had meatloaf (from the freezer), mashed taters, peas and garlic bread. It was good and easy for a meal on a night before a travel day.

IMG_5589 (2).jpg

Mushroom eggplant spinach lasagna, zucchini bread with barberry jam for dessert.

Fajita bowl with grilled marinated skirt steak, onions and peppers over rice with queso fresco and sour cream. I also made a side dish with leftover grilled corn sautéed with red onion, red bell pepper, jalapeño pepper, Penzeys Arizona Dreaming and a bit of half and half to make it saucy.
20210928_194204.jpg

Back
Top Bottom