Thirsty Thursday's Table - 11/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Grilled Hot Dogs, Parsleyed Baby Reds, Dilled "Baby" Carrots....

Hot Dogs, Grilled 11-11-21.jpg

I'm making one of very favorite dinners

56875-albums1045-picture8510.jpg

Grilled Teriyaki B/S Chicken Thighs
My Quick Cucumber Kim Chee (or kimchi, whatever)
and the ever present steamed White Rice, with Aloha Brand Shoyu & Furikake as topping to the Rice

:yum:

HEH!
I gotta go make Rice!
:LOL:
(that's part of an old standing joke in Hawaii, "eh, go home cook rice" meaning BEAT IT!! :ROFLMAO:)

I'm too incompetent today to even heat leftovers in the microwave. So, we ordered from La Porte Grecque, our favourite Greek resto. We shared a "BAD BOY MIXED GRILL
Grilled Chicken Oregano, 2 Lambchops, 1 souvlaki stick, comes with garden salad, rice pilaf, greek potatoes, and garlic bread." We also had dolmadakia, and an order of "4 tartinades, 4 Spreads ( Tzatziki, Skordalia, Taramosalata, & Melitzanosalata)".

That was soooo good and we have yummy leftovers.

I'm too incompetent today to even heat leftovers in the microwave. So, we ordered from La Porte Grecque, our favourite Greek resto. We shared a "BAD BOY MIXED GRILL
Grilled Chicken Oregano, 2 Lambchops, 1 souvlaki stick, comes with garden salad, rice pilaf, greek potatoes, and garlic bread." We also had dolmadakia, and an order of "4 tartinades, 4 Spreads ( Tzatziki, Skordalia, Taramosalata, & Melitzanosalata)".

I'm so envious of you folks who have delivery service.
We've got squat!
I either have to cook/reheat/grill, etc., drive about 10 miles to go get take out, or go to a restaurant to sit down and eat-that's our choices! We do have a coupla restaurants that do take out orders nearer to us, but we'll mostly just go there to eat.

I'm so envious of you folks who have delivery service.
We've got squat!
I either have to cook/reheat/grill, etc., drive about 10 miles to go get take out, or go to a restaurant to sit down and eat-that's our choices! We do have a coupla restaurants that do take out orders nearer to us, but we'll mostly just go there to eat.

There are advantages to living near Montreal. I live in one of the nearby 'burbs. Montreal is a big time foody city. We have lots of excellent restos, even in the well established 'burbs, like where I live.

Don't you have anything like Ubereats? That's how we get most of our resto deliveries these days. It means that just about all the restos have delivery.

Last edited:
We had a lovely visit with our Orlando niece tonight, meeting up at her nearby Texas Roadhouse. She's had a visiting artist staying with her this week, so we invited Linda along too. Three steak dinners with various sides and a tossed salad topped with "chicken critters" (breaded chicken tenders) filled the table and our bellies, but seeing our niece was the best part.

Had a laughable dinner experience Thursday.

Pulled a previous cooked and frozen package of chicken thighs in gravy to thaw and reheat.
Opened a cheater package of Aldi stuffing to make a small batch for two.

Welp.. The chicken dish reheated all watery and gross looking. I, totally had a senile moment and incorrectly prepare the stuffing, ending up with a dry, ugly mess. :ermm:

Fortunately we have a wonderful Braums restaurant nearby. Ended up with cheeseburgers, fries and chocolate milkshakes. :yum:

Ross

RATZ ! Once again, I started the dinner thread in the jokes ......... nothing funny about dinner !!

Somebody wanna move it ?? :chef:

RATZ ! Once again, I started the dinner thread in the jokes ......... nothing funny about dinner !!

Somebody wanna move it ?? :chef:

Ha, ha! Is that where it was!?

No pictures, but I grabbed bags from the freezer. Corned beef and cabbage, didn't seem like quite enough for two, so I grabbed a bag with 3 small stuffed cabbage rolls. DH loves cabbage. He was in Heaven!

After a day at MIL's I just didn't have it in me to be creative with cooking.

A few years back, a great Greek place moved in one town over from us. Funny thing, the owner was a cook at a restaurant that we loved down in San Pedro, CA! Small world and all that. He's a super guy and a lot of fun. They have live music on Fridays (Greek) and Saturday (Jazz, I think). But they are no longer open for lunch, just dinner. That said, our favorite thing to do is ask George, the owner, to just make a family-style selection of things for our table...at least, when we bring friends along. Kind of sounds something like your "Bad Boy" spread! We don't go out much at night, but it is probably time to make reservations at https://www.yelp.com/biz/georges-molon-lave-battle-ground-2 -- he doesn't have a website, just Yelp or FB.

There are advantages to living near Montreal. I live in one of the nearby 'burbs. Montreal is a big time foody city. We have lots of excellent restos, even in the well established 'burbs, like where I live.

Don't you have anything like Ubereats? That's how we get most of our resto deliveries these days. It means that just about all the restos have delivery.

There is acoupla places that are available, but not what we eat and they would take 90 minutes + ... I could go pick it up myself, get home eat our meal all before our delivery got here... we're a bit off the beaten path I'm afraid.

Back
Top Bottom