Dinner Thread - Monday 12/27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
1/4 Rack of Baby Backs.........
Steamed Cauliflower with a Cheddar Blanket, Buttered Rice ......

Ribs, Baby Back 12-27-21.jpg

Dinner - I have a ton of seafood; clams, mussels, shrimp, milk fish (bangus in tagalog, awa in Hawaiian) and I don't know what else. I will have that with fried rice and yard long green beans. That should put an even bigger dent in the leftovers.

[video src="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DMeeqaxxnM"][/video]

Last edited:
Tonight was experiment night for the new air fryer. I made chicken wings and french fries.

As is my habit, I followed the recipes exactly as I had never used an air fryer before. I went through the prepping, preheating and used the dictated temps and times. I did the wings first and kept them warm in the toaster oven while I cooked the fries.

B7CF5931-DB9B-4BDA-A701-DF2958BE958C_1_105_c.jpg

We were not pleased with the results. The wings came out of the fryer with the seasoning mix coating on the wings burned. Keeping them warm for 30+ minutes probably contributed to their being overcooked and dry.

The fries were just bad. Again followed the recipe. Soaked and rinsed the potatoes before coating them with oil and cooking them for the prescribed time and temp. They were dry and not crispy.

We're going the have to make adjustments if this is going to work for us.

Tonight was experiment night for the new air fryer. I made chicken wings and french fries.

As is my habit, I followed the recipes exactly as I had never used an air fryer before. I went through the prepping, preheating and used the dictated temps and times. I did the wings first and kept them warm in the toaster oven while I cooked the fries.

View attachment 50580

We were not pleased with the results. The wings came out of the fryer with the seasoning mix coating on the wings burned. Keeping them warm for 30+ minutes probably contributed to their being overcooked and dry.

The fries were just bad. Again followed the recipe. Soaked and rinsed the potatoes before coating them with oil and cooking them for the prescribed time and temp. They were dry and not crispy.

We're going the have to make adjustments if this is going to work for us.

Yup!
I like the frozen Fries myself... Ore-Ida & Alexia, but not Trader Joe's :glare:

At least your beer was tasty, right Andy? Meanwhile, I've been on the prowl for Great Lakes Brewing Company Christmas Ale for a week. Nothing...

We had local smoked bratwurst simmered in sauerkraut with mashed potatoes and green beans (from Christmas) as sides. No pictures while we're in Ohio since the food looks awful on Loverly's green plates. [emoji53]

We had the stuff I bought for a lazy night. We heated up kebbe, chicken samosas, and onion bhajis in the toaster oven. I served it the tamarind sauce that came with the samosas and bhajis. I made up a small batch of cole slaw and we had that with the finger food. Very tasty snacking supper.

Yesterday's breakfast was garlic toast and toast with brie (toasted under broiler). I had one of each.

Dinner was chicken stir-fry with rice and sprouts on the side.

brie_toast_122721_IMG_9079.jpg

chicken_stir_fry_122721_IMG_9086.jpg

Sorry that your first A/F experiment went south, Andy. I found air frying to be a learning curve but, one I'm glad I stayed with.

We ran errands and it tired me out a bit so, we tried a new-to-us taco joint.
They were good. :yum:

Chocolate pudding was dessert.

Ross

Back
Top Bottom