Dinner Thread - Sunday, 1/2/22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Filet Mignon, Mushrooms sauteed in Butter & Chardonnay Blanc,
Steamed Young Asparagus Spears, Sweet Potato Dice...

Filet Mignon , 1-2-21.jpg

Mine: Asparagus soup w/diced potatoes and onions, summer savory.
His: bowtie pasta with spaghetti sauce and za'atar seasoning mix.

Poor planning did not prevent me from putting a meal of chicken parm with spaghetti on the table tonight. I just had to put everything on pause while I ran out to buy some mozzarella. Not sure wh the sauce looks that dark in the photo.

CC942C7D-1C14-4041-830B-76493FADFBA5_1_201_a.jpg

We had oven baked, store bought, breaded haddock. I served it with remoulade, lemon wedges, baked potatoes, and rødkål. I would have served oven fries, but the baked potatoes seemed like marginally less effort.

Breaded haddock with remoulade, baked potato, and rødkål.jpg

Mmm, I'd like some of each of your dinners.

Mine was breakfast for dinner, from the craft services table at work. Egg, cheese, and ham on a croissant, with a side of home fries.

Himself had enough leftover chicken parmesan from our dinner out on Thursday, so we shared that. I did have to cook a little more pasta and heat some jar sauce, though. We had salads to start.

Baking cookies wore me out so..

I always have a frozen Aldi pizza hiding in the freezer.
Put that in the A/F, Jeannie put together a small salad and dinner was born.

Cookies and hot chocolate was dessert.

Ross

We started the annual Eat Out of the Freezer project last night: Turkish pide (boat-shaped flatbread), one filled with seasoned ground beef and one with spinach and feta; home-grown poblano peppers stuffed with a Mexican flavored ground beef mixture; and a dollop of labneh.
20220102_191855.jpg

We started the annual Eat Out of the Freezer project last night: Turkish pide (boat-shaped flatbread), one filled with seasoned ground beef and one with spinach and feta; home-grown poblano peppers stuffed with a Mexican flavored ground beef mixture; and a dollop of labneh.
View attachment 50677

Looks good.

That annual project sounds like a great idea. We are trying to do that at the moment, because both fridge freezers are far too full. I like the idea of keeping up by doing this as a planned annual project.

We do freezer clean outs too. First, when we can't fit another thing in the freezer and then when SO needs the entire bottom shelf and more for her holiday baking.

I usually wait til the spring, when it is warm outside. The extra freezer ( in the garage ) is a chest freezer. Builds up ice throughout the year, so in the spring, I try to empty it, wheel it out to the driveway and let it defrost.

Actually planing on getting a larger upright freezer to replace it this year. More space and easier access.

We do freezer clean outs too. First, when we can't fit another thing in the freezer and then when SO needs the entire bottom shelf and more for her holiday baking.

Bingo! [emoji16] I have three freezers (two with fridges and one upright) and they're all pretty full. I need to use up some stuff so I can make room for more stuff [emoji1787]

Back
Top Bottom