Avocado toast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
Just curious for those who make it or have eaten it at a restaurant, what have you had loaded on top ( other than the toast and avocado) ?

Just curious.

I make it from time to time at home, but curious how you guys have experienced it.

The best that I've had was with minced shallots and caviar. Simple but fancy.
I have a small container of masago leftover from making sushi. I think I might try it on avocado toast before it goes bad. My wife absolutely loves the stuff.

Another fave of ours was with a caponata/bruschetta like topping.

Ours comes with a few slivers of sweet red pepper and Everything But The Bagel seasoning. I also get a half order of applewood smoked bacon to add to it.

Ive had it served to me with the everything bagel spices.
A home I sprinkle finely chopped onions and toasted sesame seeds on it, but for the toast I use a heavily whole grain bread which has a lot of texture ( and grains and seeds).

I usually use avocado on toast, with a slice of tomato on top. When they go on sale I mash them and freeze them in 1 cup jars, then when I want some I take it out of the freezer.

I have never had avocado toast. I'm curious. Is the avocado spread on the toast? Or is it slices of avocado?

Since the toast has a sort of rough surface, you can spread the avocado somewhat easily.

Some people like to just layer the slices, though.

I like a little of both.

I have had/ and do it 3 different ways
1) mash it up and spread
2) mash but leaves chunky and spread
3) slice and stack

Personally, I like the chunky version, but in general, all work.

Many years ago, I worked with a guy from El Salvador. He brought in lunch one day which basically was a baguette, a few avocados and a hard boiled egg.
He mashed the avocado with salt, placed it on the bread and then crumbled the hard boiled egg on it to make a sandwich.

Im not a big egg fan, but I can definitely see how the worked. So simple but so good.

to this day I often have avocado sandwiches on kaiser rolls ( I sprinkle salt and finely chopped onion). I prefer it more that the avocado toast ( cause I love rolls) but the toast is healthier since Im using one of those grain/ low carb breads.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom