Dinner Thread for Tuesday 1/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
I'll never again ask the Fishmonger to ensure that all of the Scallops are about the same size.......... I expected Quarters, and got Dimes instead........

Seared Scallops in Brown Butter, Boiled Rice with a Sweet Chili Drizzle, Steamed
Grand-Daddy sized Asparagus.........

Scallops , Rice with Sweet Chili sauce 1-11-22.jpg

I'll never again ask the Fishmonger to ensure that all of the Scallops are about the same size.......... I expected Quarters, and got Dimes instead........

Seared Scallops in Brown Butter, Boiled Rice with a Sweet Chili Drizzle, Steamed
Grand-Daddy sized Asparagus.........

View attachment 50767
Next time, ask for half dollars. You may get quarters.

Tried a new recipe today called Thai Quivering Tenderloin. Not sure what I did wrong but it didn't quiver. Tasted pretty good though. Steamed broccoli and leftover potato/carrot roast rounded out the meal.

E63FEE80-CD64-4C78-A223-A59F1D430EF3_1_105_c.jpg

Meatloaf, oven baked breaded cauliflower, mashed red and yellow potatoes and gravy.

meatloaf_011122_IMG_9142.jpg

Next time, ask for half dollars. You may get quarters.

Lol.

lt, where's the brown butter? You can't really sear in butter. Brown butter is a sauce.

My wife made Penne alla Vodka tonight, with some simply seared chicken tenderloins, and spinach and goat cheese salads with lightly candied walnuts, and cranberries.

Ok, the salads were from Rikers (work).

Last edited:
Roast chicken thigh, potato, carrot sprinkled with Shichimi Togarashi
There was supposed to be some bok choy as well but it didn't make it past the compost bin.

20220111_173412.jpg

Hey Andy! I've done a recipe for Thai Quivering Tenderloin. I remember it was quite good and to make again. I did used Chicken instead though.

We tried out some store bought dumplings with beef and curry. They were quite good. I served them with tamarind sauce, Tasty Bites Jaipur vegetables, and some already cooked brown basmati rice out of the freezer. Nice, lazy, tasty meal. I notice that Tasty Bites has added a little heat to the Jaipur vegis.

Beef & Curry dumplings, Jaipur vegis, brown basmati rice.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom