Official Dinner Thread for Wednesday the 19th ©

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Trying to come up with a recipe that mimics the flavor of Chinese restaurant wings. Tried one tonight. The flavor was kinda there in the background but I need to make it more pronounced.

BB8AE8A4-77B8-4396-9074-56A31C04B1ED_1_105_c.jpg

What kind of oil did you use, Andy?

Also, did you velvet the wings first? With a seasoning?

My son made our dinner tonight. He has a fantastic palate, and is growing as a cook.
It's kind of like the evolution of mankind picture.

He made "Naked Burrito Bowls", served with fresh guacamole and sour cream, and side of corn tortilla chips.

In military speak, "OUT...........STANDING!"

Last edited:
The recipe I tried today involved a marinade that included cornstarch and egg. Also lots of pepper, garlic and soy sauce, etc.

I get good results with broiling them.

We stopped at our favorite Jewish deli along our route from Ohio to Massachusetts. Rein's Deli did not disappoint. Himself had a cup of matzo ball soup while I had a bowl. We shared a "fresher" (read: huge) pastrami Reuben (60/40, he had the bigger half), onion rings, and half sour pickles. Bought a half dozen rugelach to portion out now that we're back in MA.

We had noodles topped with leftover Italian sausage gravy. Green beans and garlic toast completed the meal.

Cookies and milk and was dessert.

Ross
IMG_20220119_134652834.jpg

Still had postdrome from the migraine on Monday, so I was a bit off. I made a country omelette with scallion and feta. That worked fine. However, I managed to goof on the toaster setting, so only one side of the bread got toasted and I let DH fix it. It was a tasty, simple supper.

Dinner last night was Chicken soup over brown rice topped with parmigiano reggiano & pecorino romano cheeses.

chicken_soup_012022_IMG_9170.jpg

Back
Top Bottom