Dinner for Friday, 1/28/22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
We had a real family dinner tonight.

I made a spice blend from one of my son's camping cookbooks, which then my wife used while browning a pound of 93% lean ground beef.

Then my boy stepped in and added rice. Then he made guacamole to serve on top of the seasoned meat and rice mix along with hot sauce and sour cream. Side o' tortilla chips.

What are you and yours eating today?

Last edited:
I jazzed up a box of chicken broth with leeks, ginger, and lemon. Heated TJ's wontons in it, and added some veggies. Sprinkled TJ's Furikake on top.

IMG_20220128_213053687_HDR.jpg

We rummaged through the freezer for dinner. SO had a serving of her lasagna while I had a bowl of soup.

Both of us have postdrome (migraine hangover) so, today it was mostly heating leftovers. DH had the rest of the clam chowder and then made himself a ham and cheese sandwich. I had some of that jægerkylling / hunter's chicken from Tuesday with a couple of slices of bread. The chicken got better, sitting in the fridge.

Spent the day snacking so, we just split a grilled cheese w/chips and called it dinner.

I did bake a bread pudding for dessert tho. :yum:

Ross

We had leftover lasagna, tom yum rice, mexican beans. Honey foam candy for a treat.

THAT looks delicious. :yum:

I have to make us a dashi/miso broth and add some gyoza and veggies. [emoji2]

Ross
Thanks, Ross! While I was eating it, though, I had two thoughts. One, I should have added a clove or two of garlic while simmering the broth. Two, next time I'll cut the bok choy tops from the lower half and cook the bottom part longer.

Back
Top Bottom