Instant Pot...Finally!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Well...on April 18 I took the plunge and bought an Instant Pot Ultra 6-quart cooker.

Up until then I didn't think there was any need for one and was also put off at the price. I cringe at anything that even comes close to $100.00. The Ultra was $139.00. So, as I usually do, I went to my good friend Amazon and did some looking around.

All said and done, I snagged it for $50.71 from another Amazon seller and even got free shipping.

Love, love, love this device. I've probably cooked a dozen things in it and I am amazed at how easy it is to use and how quickly foods cook in it.

Last night I prepared steamed shrimp in it (3 minutes) and it was most likely the juiciest, melt-in-my-mouth tender shrimp I've ever had. Glenn was equally impressed and gobbled them down.

Have made a rack of pork baby back ribs that were fabulous, as well as a beef chuck roast, with veggies, that was to die for.

Chicken thighs and pork chops were stellar.

Hard-boiled eggs are a breeze and peel like a dream. Deviled eggs here I come.

So, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Last edited:
LOL - Wow! Good on you for getting one and at such a good price!

Those meals sound delish with lots variety, so for sure, you've done your testing!

Yup, yup...

A great appliance. :)

"Last night I prepared steamed shrimp in it (3 minutes) and it was most likely the juiciest, melt-in-my-mouth tender shrimp I've ever had. Glenn was equally impressed and gobbled them down."

Share your recipe/method for the shrimp? :yum:

Ross

Yup, yup...

A great appliance. :)

"Last night I prepared steamed shrimp in it (3 minutes) and it was most likely the juiciest, melt-in-my-mouth tender shrimp I've ever had. Glenn was equally impressed and gobbled them down."

Share your recipe/method for the shrimp? :yum:

Ross

Oh, so easy. I had 1 pound of large shrimp, thawed, put into a basket in the IP. Set to "steam" for 3 minutes, then used the quick release function. Perfect shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom