Saturday's Dinner - 5-21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
95 Degrees out there..... I'll just stay in here, THX !!

Deconstructed Hoagie Salad !!

......I won't have to build another Salad for a day or two, LOL !

Salad, hoagie 5-21-22.jpg

Last edited:
We got a free sample of some pork patties seasoned with Montreal steak spice. DH grilled those two small patties and some of my favourite hot dogs - some organic, smoked pork sausages. I made a small salad to go with that. But, we were rushing to get it done while the weather was good enough. We had severe thunderstorm warnings, but it looked safe to spend a short while outside to grill. I rushed to make the small salad and get the condiments on the table while DH was grilling the patties and hot dogs. The rushing pooped me out, so no pix. Verdict on the pork patties: they were the texture one expects from preformed, frozen patties. They were good enough to eat, but not good enough to buy them.

It was a nice warm day. I grilled hot dogs for us which we enjoyed with pasta salad and coleslaw. A nice Summer meal WAY before Summer.

IMG_0081.jpg

I wanted easy tonight, so tis is what I made:

Boneless Pork Chop

I looked in the freezer and found a half used bad of inch thick Boneless Pork Chops. There were two left of the original 3-pack. I slowly thawed one in the microwave for 25 minutes to avoid cooking it at all. While it was thawing, I looked in the fridge and found an open package of baby carrots, and some Thousand Island dressing. It was my favorite salad dressing as a child.

When the chip was thawed, I spread cling wrap on my cutting board and placed a paper towel on that. I put the chop onto the paper towel and thoroughly dried it. I then sprinkled one side with Accent MSG, salt, and pepper, and proceeded to stab it to death with a fork. I turned it over and repeated the process. The stabbing was to both push the seasonings into the meat, and tenderize it, as it was a very lean cut of pork.

1 tbs. butter was placed into a pan set on the stove top at medium heat. When the butter started to bubble, I put the chip into the pan. The sizzle was there, but was gentle, just what I wanted. I wanted a perfectly brown crust but with a center that was just slightly pink. After estimating the time, I flipped the pork. The color was perfect. I let it cook until the juices began to run clear on top. I removed the chop from the pan, and onto a small plate. I cut into it, and it was perfectly done, and at first cut appeared to be more tender than expected. I took a bite and was pleased with my results. However, it was lack just a bit of that something special. So, I looked in the fridge again, and found half a bottle of Hoisin Sauce. Perfect! I put about a tbs. of it on top of my chop and spread it around. It was just the flavor it needed.

The carrots were eaten raw, dipped into the salad dressing. I saved my last bite to be meat. I knew that the next flavor to come was one of my all time favorites, cold, whole milk. The mild sweetness, and creamy texture just refreshes the mouth after eating salty foods/ . A big, crisp apple served as desert. I only took pictures of the pork, as we all no what baby carrots, and apples look like. It was a very satisfyingly, and filling meal.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Attachments

• 20220521_192006.jpg
    20220521_192006.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220521_192154.jpg
    20220521_192154.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220521_192158.jpg
    20220521_192158.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220521_192439.jpg