Friday's Dinner - 7/29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Garlic & Pepper Tilapia Filet, Peppered Rice,
Steamed cauliflower with Cheddar...

Tilapia 7-29-22.jpg

Mussels, herbs: thyme, oregano, basil, Bok choy all from garden.
Red peppers, white wine, butter. DELISH!

and will be the same for lunch tomorrow. [emoji16]20220729_184711.jpg

whole wheat pasta veggie salad flavored with sweet sour pickle juice, including pickles, tomatoes, broccoli, zucchini, onions, red peppers. Nice-cream strawberry flavored, with date and honey sweetened, bean brownies, with dairy free chocolate chips.

Finally a day with no migraines and enough spoons. I made some coleslaw. I thought I made enough for two meals, but I forgot that we have a coleslaw deficit. I baked some store bought, breaded haddock fillets and some oven "shoestring" fries. We had it with a lovely Spanish rosé, now that it is safe for Stirling to have alcohol again. That really, really hit the spot. The coleslaw evaporated.

Breaded haddock, oven fries, coleslaw 2.jpg Breaded haddock, oven fries, coleslaw.jpg

I have had a taste for a BLT for a week or so, but it's been too hot for me to get interested in making a loaf of country bread, my favorite sandwich bread for BLT's and grilled cheese. There was a lonely loaf of French bread on yesterday's grocery store markdown rack with a "sell by" date of 7-28. I put half the loaf in the freezer and cut four slices for our sandwiches. I forgot how dry plain old white bread can get when toasted. In spite of that, the sammies hit the spot. If Himself doesn't finish off what's left, I can always turn it into homemade croutons!

Himself is already getting tired of salads. I left the lettuce out of his and called it a relish dish IMG_20220729_195504077_HDR.jpgIMG_20220729_205332260_HDR.jpg

Tonight' dinner was a process, butter basted Pacific cod with raw baby carrots, sugar snap peas, and homemade aioli. I broke out my sous vide and pasteurized 6 farm fresh eggs. I then made homemade mayo with a bit of lemon, S & P, and Koop's spicy mustard. It was rich nd thick with good flavor. I added minced garlic, and horseradish, and blended it in, then placed it into the fridge.

I dried one of the cod fillets and lightly seasoned with P. Put olive oil un a nonstick skillet over medium high heat until oil shimmered. Placed fillet in pan and cooked for two minutes. Flipped and added 2 tbs butter to the pan with rosemary. Basted with the butter for 2 more minutes. Flipped, and basted 2 more minutes. Flipped and checked internal temp. The fish was done.

Paced a smear of aioli on plate and topped with the cod. Added another 2 tbs. to side of plate to dip veggies in. Yep, it was very tasty.

A cold slice of watermelon will be desert.:yum:

Seeeeya; Chif Longwind of the North

Attachments

• 20220729_212605[1].jpg
    20220729_212605[1].jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220729_212630[1].jpg
    20220729_212630[1].jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom