Sunday's Dinner - 7/31

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Marinated NY Strip, pan-seared and finished in the oven...
Baby Bella's , sauteed in Butter & Wine...

Roasted Baby Yukon's...
Steamed Sprouts & Radishes...

NY Strip 7-31-22.jpg

Not woth a pictire, but I have some anyways. Cube steak seasone with salt, pepper, onion, and cayenne pepper, pounted with a meat mallet to even thicness, and pan frie on hot CI pan for 3 minutes per side. Served with whole kernal corn, mixed with dateed yellow bell pepper, and butter. It filled the tummy and tasted pretty good.

Desert was a Mr. Goodbar parfait, i.e. chocolate pudding, crunchy peanut butter/white chocolate mix, topped with more chocolate pudding. I was thinking Rees's as I was making it. It tasted more like a Mr. Goodbar, and was verry tasty.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Attachments

• 20220731_145730.jpg
    20220731_145730.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220731_145727.jpg
    20220731_145727.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 20220731_170341.jpg
    20220731_170341.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 20220731_170349.jpg
    20220731_170349.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 19
I wanted to make a good sized batch of potato salad. I figured I would run out of energy to do much else for supper. I was right, but I had figured out something easy. I cooked some Italian sausages in the toaster oven. That was a tasty and filling supper. The potato salad had fingerling potatoes, chopped celery, chopped scallions, chopped garlic scapes, sliced radishes, and chopped parsley. It was dressed with mayo, cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, and seasoned with salt. There is enough left for another meal or three. If the peaches are ripe, there will be banana-peach nice cream for dessert.

Italian sausage and potato salad.jpg Italian sausages and potato salad.jpg

I thought that I'd be able to beat the thunderstorms this evening, kinda sorta, I did have to pull the gas grill under the patio roof...

IMG_1926.jpg

... I managed to grill a NY Strip, fresh Asparagus, Mushrooms Mini Sweet Peppers and some Sweet White Onion (aka Vidalia)... really delicious and enough to take to Mom as well!

I figured since all I was making was corned beef Reubens, I would fuss with the sides. I made tomatoes and cucumbers with porch pot herbs. It called for red onion. I usually keep one on hand, but softball size ones at $1.89 per pound made me skip them last week. I sliced up the partly used shallot from the veggie bin instead. Good choice! I also made a potato salad I served up once before. Instead of layering it across a platter as written, I mixed everything in a bowl. Didn't look pretty, and it was hard to distribute the sour cream sauce evenly, but it still tasted good.

IMG_20220731_211152754_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
We watched a movie, so I wanted something easy for dinner. I went to my freezer and found some homemade Chili Colorado (burrito meat) and Fat-Free Refried Beans (half pinto & have Mayocoba)...made a pot of Mexican rice, presto, dinner!

IMG_6627.jpg

Back
Top Bottom