Tuesday's dinner - 8/2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Comfort Night !
Franks & Beans ...
(Pinto's, Small Red Beans, Black Beans, Garlic,
Onion, Bacon, BBQ Sauce, Ketchup,Sriracha, S&P )

Franks & Beans 8-2-22.jpg

Produce basket delivery today, so I wanted something easy. I also wanted to make sure the smoked salmon and bagels (with no sesame seeds, DH is having a colonoscopy on Thursday and isn't supposed to have any seeds or nuts) would arrive in time for supper, so I asked them to get here before 18:00 (6PM). Delivery was at 12:26. So, it was smoked salmon on bagels with cream cheese, onion, and capers. There was also the rest of the salad from yesterday and some radishes that arrived with that order.

We really enjoyed that. The wild caught, sockeye salmon seemed to taste a bit better than the farmed Atlantic salmon we had been getting. It is sustainably fished off the coast of British Columbia and a bit more expensive.

Cheater's Dinner tonight. 1, 5 lbs. cube steak seasoned both sides with S&P, the pounded thin with meat mallet Side with protruding points). Cut into bite sized pieces and placed in InstaPot. Seared until lightly browned. Added McCormick's Fajita seasoning and a cup of water. Pressure cooked for thirty minutes oh high, Tasted. Nice and tender, and good flavor. Added sugar snap peas, sliced water chestnuts, and spaghetti noodles to the pot with another half cup of water. Pressure cooked for 7 minutes. It all came out quite tasty. Fills the belly, tastes goodm one pot meal with easy clean up, What more can you ask for than that?

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Bro and DIL came by for a visit to my digs.
What started out as just COTC for lunch,
ended up being a feast of 2 ttypes of Pork Market Sausages, COTC, skewers of Paneer (should have marinated them... oops) with Cherry tomatoes, all done on the Grill, along with some Potato Salad, Ravioli stuffed with mushrooms in Butter, finished with Homemade Mango Ice Cream, and an Apricot Almond Tart (just out of the oven) for dessert.

we were stuffed!

That sure does sound like a feast, dragn.

I made basic garden salads, then reheated some of last night's pizza. We sure do enjoy leftover pizza a lot more since some of you guys mentioned using a covered pan on the stovetop.

That sure does sound like a feast, dragn.

I made basic garden salads, then reheated some of last night's pizza. We sure do enjoy leftover pizza a lot more since some of you guys mentioned using a covered pan on the stovetop.

I agree that sounds like a feast.

Your supper sound pretty darned good too. I use my electric skillet with the lid on for reheating pizza. I know the exact temperature and the electric skillet keeps it there. The stove, not as well.

Back
Top Bottom