Green Chili Powder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am trying to make chili verde and the recipe I have calls for green chili powder. I have visited three stores here in town, two regular grocery stores and a mexican market, and none of them had it. Do you know anyone who carries it, either in a brick and morter or online?

Thanks for that! I actually found some on ebay...some spice company in New Mexico. I was wondering if it was really available because most peppers will turn black when they are dried...but somehow they make it. Thanks!

aburas said:
Thanks for that! I actually found some on ebay...some spice company in New Mexico. I was wondering if it was really available because most peppers will turn black when they are dried...but somehow they make it. Thanks!

Its the color before they are dried. It'll be sort of grey powder.

Penzey's sells GREAT stuff if you ever need anything in the future.

RU sure that your mexican market doesn't carry this?

Last edited:
I think you'd save yourself a lot of money as well as hassle if you went with fresh jalapenos. I also think you'd have a superior end product as dried jalapenos aren't as good as the fresh ones.

:chef: I just bought a package last week normally here in NM we use the fresh roasted and frozen green chili I was going to experiment with it and make it the same method as the red chili powder.Dont know how good it is but want to try it would sure be convenient when I go to places where you cant get any frozen green chili.Please post your recipe.
I dont know if this company has a web site but here is their phone # they are in Albuquerque,NM
By the way green chili and jalapenos are two completley differrent chili's.

LOMA VISTA
505-881-9611
If you have any problems I can get some for you in town and send it to you no problem just send me a private message and Ill hook you up.
jpmcgrew

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom