Hair product help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cyberian

Assistant Cook
Is there a hair product that makes my hair look oily and shiny?

I used to use gel. But is too much of a hassle. I would first have to wash/wet my hair and apply the gel. In the middle of the day, it would harden, and it would look like my hair is plastic. :/ Then when I come home, I would have to wash my hair again to rid the gel off. Then blow-dry. Some doesn't get washed out and it gets sticky when I sleep. See, way too much hassle.

I tried muse (sp?), but it simply just dries up way too quickly.

So I was thinking of some kind of oil-based product for hair, if there is even such a thing.

There are so many products out there, it IS hard to know what to use.

I use a WAX (mine is called "Control Maniac" by a product line called 'short***yhair'). I just get a little on my fingertips, rub it between my palms and then apply it evenly throughout my dry hair. It doesn't get hard like gels and mousses but provides that kinda shiny, oily look and feel you're looking for.

Well... I don't have short ***y hair... I have long ***y hair. ;)

Therefore, I would be applying a lot. So something affordable would be nice.

I use Citre Shine shine mirical polishing serum. It's in a clear bottle with a yellow & black label. I like it because it can be used on wet or dry hair & it has a great citrus smell to it.

Sebastian makes a product called "wet" for that reason.

Also, a favorite of mine is Schwarzkopf Osis+ Magic anit-frizz gloss serum.
It's a tiny 1.7oz bottle that'll cost you around $12, but it lasts for a long time. Put a tiny bit in your palms, and then work it through your hair right after blow drying. You can put product into your hair while wet, but you won't get the polished look, rather the wet rat look ;)

It's been a while since I worked in the industry, but it still stands that professional products really do make a difference. Most drugstore brands will give you as much as they can for their ingredients, but they usually have a large percentage of water in comparison to the more concentrated salon products. This makes them a weak contender when it comes to styling your hair.

Hope this helps!

i used to use TIGI Bedhead several years ago and it made my bangs look shiny wet if i applied it when they were wet.

Thanks to everyone who has submited their suggestions.

I am planning to go out tomorrow or on the weekends to see if I can find any of the products mentioned.

I should have mentioned earlier, but I am a male. So please no fruity scented stuff. Also, I was always under the impression that fruity scented stuff attracts flies or mosquitoes.

I'll let you all know if I need more help after checking out the products.

jkath said:
Also, a favorite of mine is Schwarzkopf Osis+ Magic anit-frizz gloss serum.

wow, i wondered what the hero of the first gulf war was up to. who knew he was into coiffures...
always pictured him as a buzz cut.

as far as mosquitos go, they are attracted to carbon dioxide, moisture, lactic acid, and body heat, not fruity scents.

check these out:
http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/AR/archive/feb00/mosq0200.htm

http://www.offprotects.com/meter.asp

http://pithaya9.com/mosquito/trivia.html

yep. certain scents will attract different kinds of flies, the worst being the biting type. flies are also attracted to alcohol (which is in their natural environment from rotting fruit) so avoid colognes too.

Okay, I just came back. And the only one mentioned in this topic that I could find was the Brylcreem. And it was in a box. So I don't know if it is a spray, gel, wax or whatever. I didn't dare to open the box with so many people around. Some more info is appreciated.

I should let you all know that I have a short ponytail. And want my hair to look like it is always wet/oily the whole day; from morning to evening.

Therefore, those out-of-bed type of product might not be suitable for my style.

Back
Top Bottom