Need Vacation Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
We're planning on taking a family vacation in July. We haven't decided where we want to go yet and are needing some ideas. We are wanting to go somewhere by the ocean. The kids would love an amusement park. The only places I can think of that might accom. this would be Orlando Florida (Disney World) or Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

Any suggestions on other places we should consider that includes the above?

Also, can you share your experiences at any of the places. Tips and suggestions.

Thanks!

You might want to check out the "Beaches" resorts. They are the family version of "Sandals". It is an all inclusive (and they really mean ALL inclusive) resort. Beaches is for families so they have tons of activities and things for kids to do. There will also be a lot of children for them to play with. There is tons to do for adults too. They are all on the beach and have pools as well. There is boating and great food and all sorts of activities. You can spend more money and get a nicer room, but my recommendation is get a cheaper room and save yourself some money because you will hardly be in the room.

Beaches

oh, geebs, isn't that where you went for your honemoon? i remember the pictures.
what a beautiful place.

Luvs we went to Sandals which is the same thing, but for couples. Beaches is their offering for families. They also have hedonism for singles. Hedonism looked wild!!! I told my brother he should check it out. It looks like a blast.

Don't forget my neck of the woods, sizz...
So Cal has beaches everywhere you look, and also there's Disneyland, Disney's California Adventure, Magic Mountain, Knotts Berry Farm, Sea World and Universal Studios.

How about the Bahamas? We were there a few years ago
and had a great time.
If you're looking to save some money The Holiday Inn on Nassus is
pretty inexpensive. It's all inclusive also.

Sizz, Californ-i-a has everything...from the desert to the sea. I've been here several years & still haven't seen everything. You can hop over to Vegas, San Fran, Palm Springs, Mexico, Taho, Kings Canyon, Yosemite, Northern Ca...ski, camp, lay on the beaches, shop & dine in Bev Hills, site see in Hollyweird. Check out Frommer's on the net & you'll get the low-down on any city you'd like to visit.

Well I should of told you guys. I have a great fear of flying. I can't even go to the airport and watch the planes take off and land. I found this out about 12 years ago when I took a friend of mine there to pick up her brother :sick: So leaving the good ole USA is out of the question :) unless we take a cruise which I'd rather not. My oldest has no desire to fly either. So we'll either be driving or taking a train to our destination so I'd only like to have a days travel time (24 hours). We can get to FL from IN in 18 hours, Myrtle Beach in 13.

GB.....my boys ages are 18, 14, and 6. My oldest sons girlfriend will be joining us also and she is also 18.

If memory serves me right AllenMI.....didn't you go to Orlando, FL earlier this year? I'm going to see if I can find your old post. I remember you gave me some tips but since most of my belongings are in storage now I really don't want to go tearing it apart :)

Anyone been to Myrtle Beach? Anyone think of any other places near the ocean that has an amusement park nearby that would only require no more than 24 hours travel time by car?
Anyone else been to Disney World in FL? Can you share your exp. and tips.

Sizz, I don't remember the name of it--middie and damp can help you--but there's an island off of Ohio, in Lake Erie, that's supposed to be really nice. And I think it's pretty close to Cedar Point amusement park, too. Best of all, it would be an easy drive for you. :)

Middle Bass Island Pa. There's a few of them though. Put-In-Bay and Kelley's Island are other popular ones. no ocean though, just a big lake lol.

Disney in Florida was one of my best vacations ever Sizz. I was 15 when we went and my whole family enjoyed every second of it. The beaches resort would require you flying and I think it is more for younger kids, but Disney has something for everyone. You can't go wrong there!

Not only do you have Disney World and Epcot, there is Sea World, Universal Studios, of course the beaches, but there are places where you can go eat in Orlando that are theme restaurants close to Orlando if not in Orlando. Honestly not sure of names or exactly where they are located, but they have a Castle where you are served by serving wenches at long tables with a whole chicken (you eat with your fingers), and I think you get bread, dessert and iced tea. Has been quite a few years since I was there, but the food was good and they have a show where you watch jousting while you eat. There is also a western theme not too far from the castle theme, where you watch indians chase a stage coach (I think, haven't been there but heard about it) and another type of dining place...can't remember what that one is though. If you are coming to Florida in July, make sure that you bring plenty of summer clothes, very light summer clothes because it will be extremely hot and humid then. You won't have to worry about hurricanes in July even though hurricane season has already started then, but is just extremely unusual for them to appear in July.

IcyMist, that's Midevil Times. I haven't been to that one but have been to the onther one, Dixie Stampeed in Orlando, Myrtle Beach, & Tennesse.

Paul's niece has a home (or Condo) they rent out in Myrtle Beach..haven't been there and I don't know anything about what she charges but it is walking distance to the beach.
Dove

Thanks Crewsk you are right. I have only been to Midieval Times and I totally enjoyed it. Eating with fingers wasn't my favorite thing to do, but was still fun. The only thing I missed there was there were no veggies and I love veggies. :(

At Dixie Stampeed, you eat with your fingers also. We had a chicken, 2 or 3 slices of roasted pork loin, potato wedges, bread, soup, & dessert. The last time we went, we took plastic forks & spoons with us. I love going there & the kids really enjoyed it. They have a wonderful Christmas show.

Back
Top Bottom