very sad news

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
a fellow who was very close to some of my friends and to my younger cousin was just shot through the head in iraq. the fellow soldier he was with was shot through his mouth.
14.gif

we just found out tonite.
my heart fell to my knees when i found out; it was literally sickening. i just immediately Blessed myself and said a Prayer.
i knew him, but not as well as these guys.
some jerk called my little cousin a name at the bar for crying over it tonite, and when my cousin said he just lost his buddy in iraq, the guy said, 'who cares?'. my big brother proceeded to put him through a wall and then broke his nose. now, normally i'd be so mad at big bro for fighting, but after that remark, i couldn't have been prouder of him.
please send your prayers to these young soldiers and thier families.:(

Last edited:
Luvs, So very sorry about your friend. So many of our young men are dying in this war. I pray it ends soon.........wasabi

img_121175_0_0b0d16cc4418751da1217ee0f48b68da.gif

Death always seems worse when it is someone that you know, even someone that you may have just met once. I have sent many prayers, wishes and hopes to the women and men who are out there trying to do their jobs and help make this a safer world and will continue to do so. I will also say a prayer for those young men, their family and friends and I hope that your cousin can soon remember the laughter, good times and camaraderie he had with his friend and forget the sorrow.

Last edited:
thank you guys.
i haven't seen my brother cry so hard in years. he was literally sobbing.
it broke my heart.

Luvs,

I feel their pain and it brought tears to my eyes..having gone through Paul's times in the Korean and Viet Nam wars as a Corpsman, (medic) watching over and taking care of the Marines I know what the families of our service men are going through. My grandsons are 17 and Christopher will be 22 in June and I worry about them going in. They don't have the savvey Paul did when he went in. Paul was hunting with his dad at age three ( he carried the shells..lol) and had his own small rifle at 5 oe so. That sounds very young now but back in the (30's) in those days the hunted for food and he was a crack shot and could walk in the woods like an Indian..I credit that and Gods will that he came home to us.
MargeDove

Oh Luvs, I am so sorry!! I've lost friends by car accidents and it's a very rough thing to go through. The heros will never be forgotten!!!
God Bless all of them over there!

My thoughts are with you. I can't imagine your grief.

My brother is 47 and has applied to go to Iraq to train policemen. It terrifies me. It is something he really wants to do and that he really believes in, so I have to support him.

Hugs to you and your brother.

pam

thank you all so much.
dove, my Grandpa fought in the Korean war and another war. i adore his stories of his war days; they're not all bad. he's the reason, i think, that i love history just as much as i love cooking.

i just can't get over it; all those guys were doing was fighting for thier country.
they just didn't deserve to die.
they were so young, only in thier early 20's, and had thier whole lives ahead of them.
i'm just in shock. they just must've been so scared, just absolutely TERRIFIED.:( i try to picture it and it is horrifying.

Last edited:
Luvs,
You won't hear the bad part of the war..once in a while I will overhear parts when Paul is talking to one of our boys. After all these years he holds it all in. One of our RV trips to see another Navy Corpsman we were close to " The Wall" I asked if he wanted to stop. He said "No, I would know too many names on their..some of them I had to send home"
Marge

Dove said:
Luvs,
You won't hear the bad part of the war..once in a while I will overhear parts when Paul is talking to one of our boys. After all these years he holds it all in. One of our RV trips to see another Navy Corpsman we were close to " The Wall" I asked if he wanted to stop. He said "No, I would know too many names on their..some of them I had to send home"
Marge
I love this picture, I feel it shows that the ones lost don't forget the ones left here to grieve for them

How horrible it must be to have the memories of such things. :( God bless him! Most vets were not appreciated as they should have been. The Vietnam war was the worst as I have read and been told by some vets. That was the most unforgiving war for the troops coming home. The horrible names they were called. Back then, they only believed that our guys were killing innocent woman and kids, now they know, that those innocents were usually carrying guns or grenades and were willing to kill themselves just to be able to kill ours. To all of our vets surviving and fallen and their families, THANK YOU!!! For your courage, your faith and our freedom!! We wouldn't be here without YOU!

Dove said:
Luvs,
Marge

marge, before my fil passed on, he sat with me a few times and cried telling me stories from wwii. i told dw about them, and she was shocked because he had never mentioned a word of it to anyone before.
the worst one was when his ship (in the n. atlantic) had to pass thru a debris field from another ship further up in the convoy that had been torpedoed. all thru the night on his watch, he heard the screams of dying men in the water, begging to be saved. but they couldn't stop for fear of being sunk themselves.
war is only glorious in the movies....

God Bless Our Troops, and Give the World Leaders Wisdom and Common Sense. I am sorry about the loss Luvs. :flowers:.

Last edited:
buckytom said:
marge, before my fil passed on, he sat with me a few times and cried telling me stories from wwii. i told dw about them, and she was shocked because he had never mentioned a word of it to anyone before.
the worst one was when his ship (in the n. atlantic) had to pass thru a debris field from another ship further up in the convoy that had been torpedoed. all thru the night on his watch, he heard the screams of dying men in the water, begging to be saved. but they couldn't stop for fear of being sunk themselves.
war is only glorious in the movies....

omg bucky, that is horrible!!:( Thank god he lived through it!! And god bless YOU for being there to give him the shoulder he needed to cry on. You probably don't realize just how much that meant to him! Your wonderful.

Luvs its hard to say anything after reading that. really. We need to kill those that want to murder us. On a one on One scale its easy to understand. On such a HUGE scale as this war its difficult for some to see. Things get blurred.

Anyhow, that guy needed a knock on the nose in MY opinion. Freedom is won and kept by standing up against evil murderers. I want peace. I want women to live a life of freedom and not under oppression of men. I want a society to live in a world where their dream CAN be realized. Where they can practice the religion of their choice.

People need to realize the reality of what we have in Canada and the United States. In Australia and the United Kingdom.

Those two men are heros. Those two men were murdered. Murdered by people that are against the thought of people being free and being able to realize their dreams.

36.gif

:) Sorry to hear that LUVS.

That guy definatly had it coming.I didn't know anything about my dad untill he died when I found his discharge papers I found out he was in Normandy and a whole bunch of other places and that we was also a sharp shooter but he never said anything to me. I really wished he had cuz now I can only wonder. He even received 5 Bronze Stars.

Back
Top Bottom