Ron's Gorilla Breakfast Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nytxn

Senior Cook
Ron's Gorilla Breakfast Bread
(Best sweet breakfast you'll ever have)

Ingredients:

Ground cinnamon

1 stick of butter

2+ cups of brown sugar (I like dark brown sugar)

1/4 cup of half and half

About a half cup to a cup of chopped nuts, depends on how much you like nuts (I use shaved almonds and walnuts)

1 package of cream cheese (8 oz)

10 large Pilsbury biscuits ("GRANDS" brand)

1 NON-Stick Bundt cake pan

Directions:

In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter and the brown sugar together, over low heat. Two cups of sugar is a good start, but you can add as much brown sugar as you can stand. I load it up.

Remove the biscuits from the packaging and lay them out on a clean surface.

Open the cream cheese package and cut the bar into 10 equal size pieces.

One by one, flatten the biscuits out until each of them is able to surround one of of the 10 chunks of cream cheese, then place the cream cheese chunk onto the flattened biscuit (I sprinkle in some cinnamon here) and fold the biscuit around the chunk, sealing it shut as you do.

After the butter and sugar are melted together and beginning to boil, remove from the heat and slowly whisk in the half and half until it lightens up the mixture a little and thins it out. You can add cinnamon here as well if you like.

Spray some cooking spray into the Bundt pan (or you can butter it). It should be a non-stick pan to begin with but the spray/butter will help the cake come out better when it's cooked.

Sprinkle about a quarter of the chopped nuts into the pan.

I Sprinkle a little cinnamon in here.

Then drizzle some of the sugar mixture into the pan.

Place a few of the biscuits into the pan, then drizzle more sugar mixture over them, and sprinkle more nuts over them.

Repeat until all of the biscuits are in the pan.

Then bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15-18 minutes or until the biscuits are puffy and golden brown.

After the Gorilla Bread is cooked, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool for about 5 minutes.

Grab a cookie sheet or something similar, and flip the Bundt pan upside onto it.

Drizzle the rest of the sugar and nuts over the top of the Gorilla Bread and pick it apart to your hearts content.

It's delicious. Absolutely the best sweet breakfast I've ever had... even better than pancakes or Belgian waffles loaded with syrup, IMO.

REALLY REALLY FATTENING! but, it sounds so good... lol.
I'll have to make it next weekend when we have a houseful of people. We'll each just have a few bites. YUMMY!

Thanks for posting.:chef:

pdswife said:
REALLY REALLY FATTENING! but, it sounds so good... lol.
I'll have to make it next weekend when we have a houseful of people. We'll each just have a few bites. YUMMY!

Thanks for posting.:chef:
Try it you'll like it:LOL: I made one that I found in a Paula Deen cookbook and I had to slap hands to even get a bite:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
kadesma:rolleyes:

texasgirl said:
Wow, sounds really FATTENING!
It sure sounds good though!!
I can dream, can't I?
It is, it is,
I only got a small piece, but, I loved it...Then it was back to watching the scales :glare:
kadesma :angel:

Just looking at it will make ya fat like me... but it sure is delicious.

Kad,
This is a modified version of Paula Dean's.

That lady can cook. :w00t2:

I miss cable... :(

hey now... we all know the anything fattening is the best food !! admit it !!!
thanks for posting this ny. oh yes... welcome to dc !!!

nytxn said:
Just looking at it will make ya fat like me... but it sure is delicious.

Kad,
This is a modified version of Paula Dean's.

That lady can cook. :w00t2:

I miss cable... :(
nytxn..It is a really tasty recipe..I made it quite some time ago and seeing you recipe reminded me of it...Thanks now I have something to make for sunday:LOL: Yes, she sure can..I enjoy watching her, she seems to love everything she cooks and makes you feel the same way...Her cookbook is really nice to..Just about anyone can work with her recipes.
kadesma

At first I couldn't figure out the "gorilla" part...til (doh!) it hit me - bigger and better than monkey bread! I feel so smart.

Don't tell me, nytxn....you like cinnamon....!
This recipe will undoubtedly get it's way into my book by tomorrow morning.
Thank you thank you!

and, Welcome to our site!!!

I love cinnamon! Especially with sugar.

That stuff has plenty of both.

It absolutely rocks. I promise.

Who woulda thought someone could say that about a NY'r and a lil' ol' girl from East Texas.

Top dollar value Ron, thanks for posting.

One little query, if someone could help us plebs here downunda.........

What are pilbury Biscuits? If I cannot source them here, is there an alternative?

I Googled the term and couldn't find any actual info on them, only hits on what to do with them.

I REALLY NEED to try this recipe...........

Keep up the posts big fella.

Brooksy said:
Top dollar value Ron, thanks for posting.

One little query, if someone could help us plebs here downunda.........

What are pilbury Biscuits? If I cannot source them here, is there an alternative?

I Googled the term and couldn't find any actual info on them, only hits on what to do with them.

I REALLY NEED to try this recipe...........

Keep up the posts big fella.

Big fella is right... cuz I keep eating stuff like this! LOL

Click here for the Pillsbury Biscuit site

They're the biscuits you can buy in a can. The ones I like to use are the new ones in individual plastic wrappers.

Not sure what the equivalent would be "Down Unda" :mrgreen:

nytxn said:
Big fella is right... cuz I keep eating stuff like this! LOL

Click here for the Pillsbury Biscuit site

They're the biscuits you can buy in a can. The ones I like to use are the new ones in individual plastic wrappers.

Not sure what the equivalent would be "Down Unda" :mrgreen:

Thanks Middie & Ron.

Looks like a cross between shortcrust pastry & scone dough. :ohmy:

I did an Oz search for Pillsbury & got zip. :(

Have to see what the magical supermarket can conjour up.

Oh, and I'm >260lbs myself. :angel: :)

Hey Brooksy!
Pillsbury biscuits are packaged in a cardboard tube with a metal rim on each end. When you begin to peel away the cardboard, the tube pops open (and I do mean POPS) and there are your biscuits, ready to go. They are full of fat, which is why I love using them in reicpes (I'm 112 lbs, but can generally outeat any grown man) I'd say if you don't have anything similar, don't use a regular biscuit or scone, as they're too dry. It needs to be something rather sticky and buttery before it's baked.

Hope that makes sense - it's just past 7 here in CA and my caffeine hasn't worked it's magic yet.

PS - love the new avatar, but miss seeing you!

Back
Top Bottom