Your Favorite (primary) Radio Station

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your primary radio station for driving in your car?

• Blues

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Classic Rock

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Pop / Rock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Country

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Talk Radio

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Jazz

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Hard Rock / Metal

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Rap / Hip Hop

• Alternative / Independent

• Other

• Total voters

The Z

Head Chef
What is your PRIMARY (default) radio station you listen to in your car? I understand that most people like different music for different moods and different settings... that's why I picked the default for in the car for this poll.

(mine is 'Country' for almost all settings)

Last edited:
I can't stand most radio stations. Mostly what I have a problem with are the DJ's. I find most of them obnoxious. Radio is also way too commercial. The music I enjoy the most is rarely ever played on any radio station anyway. Because of this, my default radio station is NPR, but if I need music and I am not listening to a CD (rare) then I will listen to one of the local college stations.

Jack-fm. They don't have djs, they don't take requests, and when they do the station identification, they say things like "we play what we want", or "now we have to listen to commercials so we can get paid." They go from classic Van Halen to Prince to Old Aerosmith to the GooGoo dolls to Depeche Mode. Basically everything except country, rap and teeny-bopper pop. Best reason: they play no Britney or Christina.:mrgreen:

GB said:
I can't stand most radio stations. Mostly what I have a problem with are the DJ's. I find most of them obnoxious. Radio is also way too commercial. The music I enjoy the most is rarely ever played on any radio station anyway. Because of this, my default radio station is NPR, but if I need music and I am not listening to a CD (rare) then I will listen to one of the local college stations.

I know what you mean... I listen until I can't take the ads or the DJ's any more. I listen to CD's quite a bit too... and I do check out NPR to see what the topic is... (I guess yours would be a vote for Talk Radio or Other then, huh?)

i switch back and forth between news radio (wcbs-fm, and wins-fm) for the traffic reports, and to wxrk for howard stern (sorry otter and norgeskog). but howard is soon to depart, so i'm considering sattelite radio.
so i guess i'm all talk...

That sounds pretty good J... I don't think they have anything like that here and I HAVE scanned the dial quite a few times.

"93.1 Jack FM - Finally a radio station for the people who ate paste when they were kids."

google jackfm and you will find the stream for the music. My computer has too many safeguards and I can't get it... :(

I can't stand commercial radio stations - the adverts just irritate me! I listen to BBC radio 4 - there are plays, debate, poetry - all different types of things I really find interesting.

If I want music, I play CDs!

i usually listen to classic rock but will listen to some other stations, too.

jkath said:
"93.1 Jack FM - Finally a radio station for the people who ate paste when they were kids."

(

lol jkath, i wonder if that's the same jack-fm that just took over wcbs-am. a lot of people are upset because it was the last "oldies" (mostly 50's) station in ny.

Ok, I guess I'm strange. I love lots of different kinds of music, but my main station is a contemporary country station (WKKT--Cat Country) in Charlotte, and I like the DJs! Especially (sung)--"Waking up with Paul Schadt and Sarah in the Morning!" :cool:

:) Barbara

Last edited:
I'm sure it is, Bucky - jack's all over - Vancouver, Texas......and the list goes on.
They also have a funny catch phrase that Barbara would get ...
"broadcasting from a little building in beautiful Culver City"
(Culver City is anything but beautiful)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom