Peach-Glazed Barbecue Pork Chops and Peaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
Peach-Glazed Barbecue Pork Chops and Peaches

The cooking time for your peaches will vary depending on their ripeness. The glaze also works well on chicken.

3 cups chopped peeled peaches (about 1 1/2 pounds)
1 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons molasses
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
6 (6-ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick), trimmed
6 peaches, halved and pitted
Cooking spray

Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes. Uncover and simmer 5 minutes. Place peach mixture in a food processor; process until smooth. Add 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, vinegar, and next 4 ingredients (vinegar through red pepper); pulse to combine. Let stand 5 minutes. Place half of peach mixture in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; reserve other half for basting. Add chops to bag; seal bag and refrigerate 30 minutes to 4 hours.
Preheat grill.

Remove pork from bag; discard marinade. Sprinkle pork with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Place pork and peach halves on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill 10 minutes or until the pork is done and the peaches are tender, turning once. Baste pork and peach halves with the reserved peach mixture every 2 minutes during the first 6 minutes of cooking.

Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 chop and 2 peach halves)

NUTRITION PER SERVING
CALORIES 301(23% from fat); FAT 7.6g (sat 2.6g,mono 3.4g,poly 0.9g); PROTEIN 26.1g; CHOLESTEROL 62mg; CALCIUM 34mg; SODIUM 449mg; FIBER 3.5g; IRON 1.7mg; CARBOHYDRATE 33.1g

oh wow constance this sounds really good !!
there's a few farmer's market's around here
so i'm going to try this as soon as they start
selling peaches !

thanks so much for this recipe, constance. peaches and pork chops are one of my dad's favorite meals. i think i'll try to make it for him for his upcoming 83rd birthday.
the peaches in the markets around me have been excellent lately. they are called "southern" peaches, and are rock hard on the store shelf. but i've put them on a not too sunny windowsill for a day or two, until they soften a bit, then into the fridge. the juice runs down your chin when you bite into them. yummmmmm.

Bless his heart...83! I hope his birthday is a good one!

I did peaches with a pork loin once, a la Jamie Oliver, and though my husband made faces when he saw what I was doing, he enjoyed the finished product. Sometimes he just has no imagination.

Back
Top Bottom