Hamburger Macaroni Bake??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lhanson

Cook
I used to have a recipe long ago which was a layered casserole that I think was called Hamburger Macaroni Bake. It mixed parmesan or romano cheese, cooked macaroni, eggs and a few other ingredients. That was layered in the bottom of a casserole dish then topped with a ground beef mixture, then more macaroni mixture with cheese on top. I think it came from a Bon Appetite magazine originally. I would like to make this dish again. Any help finding this recipe would be appreciated!

Lori

This may not be what you are exactly looking for, but here is the recipe that I have always used.

Beef and Macaroni Bake

spacer.gif
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
1/3 cup KRAFT 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 pkg. (14 oz.) KRAFT Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
2 Tbsp. flour
1-1/2 cups milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Brown meat; drain. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in tomato sauce, half of the Parmesan cheese and spices; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. PREPARE Dinner as directed on package. Spread meat mixture onto bottom of 9-inch square baking dish; top with prepared Dinner. MELT butter in medium saucepan on low heat. Blend in flour. Gradually add milk; cook on low heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir small amount of hot mixture into eggs. Return to remaining hot mixture in saucepan; mix well. Pour over Dinner; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. BAKE 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown.
spacer.gif

I don't know if it's exactly the same...I don't remember the tomato sauce, but it looks very similar (and yummy!). I think I'll give it a try. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom