What is your favorite amusement park ride?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
With the 4th of July celebrations, there are tons of carnivals and such going on. What is your favorite ride, whether it be Six Flags, State Fairs etc..
My all time favorite is an oldie, we call it the Scrambler.
It has 4-5 arms, 4 cars to each arm and the arms spin independantly as the whole thing spins too so that your going in circles until you slide to one side of your car.:w00t2:

without a doubt, for me it's roller coasters. one of my favorites is the grand old wooden coaster, "the cyclone" on coney island. my buddies and i would go late on a weeknight to avoid a line, and pound a few hot dogs and beers at nathan's, then ride the cyclone over and over. the trick is to ride it with your hands up; without ever lowering your hands to hold on. (it helps to go with a fat guy :) so you get pinned in the seat).

another fave was space mountain in disneyworld. i haven't been there for years. i wonder if it still exists?

texasgirl said:
With the 4th of July celebrations, there are tons of carnivals and such going on. What is your favorite ride, whether it be Six Flags, State Fairs etc..
My all time favorite is an oldie, we call it the Scrambler.
It has 4-5 arms, 4 cars to each arm and the arms spin independantly as the whole thing spins too so that your going in circles until you slide to one side of your car.:w00t2:

This is my favorite ride too texasgirl! We have it at our homecoming each year. It's old and red and even though it's not the biggest thriller, the line is always the longest. Here it's called the "Tilt O Whirl." It's just right!

-Lauren-

I really ejoyed a ride at Operyland hotel called Chaos! It's an indoor roller coaster. Your in the dark and neon flickering lights enhanse the movements from the ride.

CookinBlondie said:
This is my favorite ride too texasgirl! We have it at our homecoming each year. It's old and red and even though it's not the biggest thriller, the line is always the longest. Here it's called the "Tilt O Whirl."

I think you're confused, here. The Tilt-O-Whirl and the Scrambler are two different rides.

Tilt-a-Whirl
tiltawhirl.jpg
f2451_1980.JPG

Scrambler (sometimes called Merry Mixer)
goround.jpg
ride%20scrambler.jpg

Last edited:
The Z said:
I think you're confused, here. The Tilt-O-Whirl and the Scrambler are two different rides.

Tilt-a-Whirl
tiltawhirl.jpg
f2451_1980.JPG

Scrambler (sometimes called Merry Mixer)
goround.jpg
ride%20scrambler.jpg

Woops! You are right. But hey, the Scrambler is still fun. I ride it at our state fair.

7.gif
I don't know if I could get on those or not.

I haven't been out to Six Flags {That's what we have here} here in about 7 years. I know there are some new coasters, but, I don't know if I would be brave enough to try them.

Last edited:
Geeeeeez, you guys, I'm ready to chuck just looing at the pic's ..Just give this big:chicken: the merry go round at Disneyland:ROFLMAO: KADESMA

I'll ride with you Kadesma! Yesterday we were at D-land and Disney's C.A. and my evil sister (I love her dearly, but it was an evil thing to do) got me on the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. It's named that for a reason. I hated it! I'm not a coaster lover, and would much rather feel a bit safe.

My favorite is at Disney's C. A. - "Soarin' over California". You're in a ski lift type chair (many hooked together) and, as it is a simulator ride with a GIANT screen like an imax, you have the feeling as though you are hangliding over the most beautiful parts of California. You see the Sierra mountains (smelling pine and feeling the cold wind), you go over the orange groves of Camarillo (and smell the oranges), you see the PGA west in Palm Springs, the Navy harbor in San Diego, you fly over the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, over some waves in Malibu, etc...it ends at night over Disneyland's Christmas parade, with the fireworks going off over Sleeping Beauty's castle.
It is the most sensory ride ever and you feel as though you've just experienced everything first hand.

Lordy. That's be the SUPERMAN coaster at Six Flags New England!

"Soar on one of the tallest and fastest roller coasters in the world! You'll climb 20 stories high, experience 10 seconds of weightlessness while reach speeds of up to 77 mph on this mile-long ride. "

jenny i rode that when we had six flags here (which is now geauga lake again)
it was a fun ride !!! but because i'm so short i had a heck of a time getting onto
the seat. everybody was laughing at me. pretty humiliating... but i FINALLY made
it and everybody cheered... was still humiliating lol.

middie, don't tell me that you have to stand by the "you must be this tall to get on this ride" sign...

no bucky lol. i just couldn't hop up into the seat... so i literally had to climb up the thing and into the seat :LOL:
(was quite a sight i'm sure)

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
I like those little trains. :rolleyes:

I always liked the little boats better, myself - - except those steering wheels always seemed pretty useless.

Actually, I'm a big 'coaster' fan. I don't like the spinning rides (except the scrambler) as I get a little :sick: - - I also don't like the 'virtual' rides where you're in a room with a screen (although the one jkath described sounds nice). I think the GOAL of most of those is to make you sick as opposed to giving you an actual thrill... I guess that's it! I like THRILL rides not ones that are designed to make you :sick: .

Back
Top Bottom