My hair is too dark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
Growing up, my hair was very blonde. When I turned 16, it started getting dark. I started dying it back to blonde. Over the years, my hair had been different shades of strawberry blonde, light brown with streaks etc....
Well, I decided to take my root color and dye it to match
:ohmy: It's too dark. I hate it! My skin right now is pale, since I haven't had time to sun and I look like a zombie. Any of you ladies know what I can do on my own to make it look better?

Attachments

• hair.jpg
    hair.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 233
Texasgirl, I know it's not what you want to hear, but I like your hair! I think it's a very nice color. Maybe give it a couple days and see if you get used to it. It sounds like you made a big change.

If you still want to lighten it, I know a friend of mine used a product that lets you give yourself highlights. She said it was really easy--you just use a little plastic comb to brush the gel color on yourself.

Hopefully jkath sees this thread, too. She used to be a stylist so I'm sure she'll have some great ideas.

But really, you look good! :)

Thank you, PA, you don't think it's too dark? I may get used to it , but, I'm not sure :eek:)
It is a big change from what I'm used to. I just figured it was time to grow up and see what my color is suppose to be. I guess I'm just used to my hair being light.

texas, i agree with PA. I think your hair looks great. Give it a couple of days to get used to the change...then see how you feel. :)

Actually it is the same color as my hair, and I wouldn't ever change mine. I love brunette hair. I think it looks really nice on you. You just aren't used to it.

:) Barbara

i think it looks fine, tex! not too dark at all.
that being said, i have dark hair- it just recently started growing in almost light black- and i like to sometimes get subtle highlights and lo-lights. they brighten the face.

The color will lighten up quite a bit with a few washings and blend in with your natural hair color. I have always been a blonde...hehehe give me time and you'll see this, but I was dying my hair about that same shade. It will all blend and look natural soon enough. Oh and yes it looks good!

Thanks you guys. I really needed all of that!! I'm not a whiner by nature, but, I got really freaked out about how dark it is. What is sad, is that it's suppose to be that dark:LOL:
I've just never let it.

I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

I like it on you too. That's about the color of my hair too. It will lighten in a few days. Pretty soon you'll get used to it and leave it!

I'd have to agree with the rest of the group. I think it looks great.
I love the way it shines!

I've always considered long dark hair to be very ***y. There was this girl I went to college with who wore black straight hair down to her waist. If anyone could of converted me it would of been her.

Who say's blondes have more fun?

Last edited by a moderator:
The natural color growing out of your head is always the most complementary to your skin - that's why you have it! Also, notice that your hair is now matching your eyebrows. That's a good thing! Nothing worse than a blonde with dark brown eyebrows! That's the #1 giveaway!
I think you look like a natural beauty and I really really really think you need to stay the color you are! Also, I like the cut - it's very nice. You look much younger than you did in the photos with your son. Also, the rich chocolate color brings out your eyes very well.

So, I'm with the general consensus: keep it!

Remember that with each washing, your hair will begin to lighten up, and it won't be as true of a shade. If you use professional products, you won't see this happening so quickly, and your shine will remain longer. It will also lighten in the sun, so try to stay in the shade more often and out of the chlorine of the pool, unless it's time to re-color.

Thank you, Jkath.
I'm getting used to it now. After being around all the family last night, they said the same thing. I really appreciate everyones opinions. I always feel better when I'm on here!!

Texas,

here I am a day late and a dollar short as usual:LOL: I love the color of your hair, it looks so soft and shiney....... My hair has always been fairly light and I got stuck with black brows and eyelashes, and green eyes
so I always thought I looked odd:ROFLMAO: Now I have my grandmothers white streak in front and my hair dresser adds strips of color so I look sun streaked in a soft way..I'd loved to have had my dad's black hair or my aunts auburn hair, nope just plain ol blond...Keep your shade I think it's beautiful.
kadesma:)

I'm with everyone else - it looks quite natural and quite stunning - can't see blond hair against your skintone - mistakes can be a good thing :)

Back
Top Bottom