What Was She Thinking?SALT LAKE CITY - For $10,000, Kari Smith has gone ahead and had

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wasabi

Executive Chef
SALT LAKE CITY - For $10,000, Kari Smith has gone ahead and had her forehead tattooed with the Web address of a gambling site.

Bountiful, 30, who sold her unusual advertising space on eBay, said the money will give her 11-year-old son a private education, which she believes he needs after falling behind in school.

"For the all the sacrifices everyone makes, this is a very small one," she said. "It's a small sacrifice to build a better future for my son," she said.

"To everyone else, it seems like a stupid thing to do. To me, $10,000 is like $1 million. I only live once, and I'm doing it for my son," she said.

Tattoo artist Don Brouse said he and his staff spent nearly seven hours Wednesday trying to talk Smith out of putting "GoldenPalace.com" above her face. When he did go through with it, he kept the inch-tall letters close to her hairline, where bangs or a hat could provide some cover.

Smith's eBay auction attracted more than 27,000 hits and 1,000 watchers. Bidding reached $999.99 before Goldenpalace.com, an Internet gambling company in the Mohawk Territory of Kahnawake, Canada, met Smith's $10,000 asking price.

For $10,000, no way. For a million, maybe.

now i've heard it all.
all that for $10,000 measly dollars. chump change.
for shame.....

now what she should have done was shave her head and have it tattooed (to each there own, though i wouldn't do it)... that way when her hair grew back in nobody would ever have to know.

pdswife said:
Is 10,000$ enough to send a child through private school??

i asked my Mom cause i went to a private Catholic school and she said it was about $3,000 a year for the both of us kids to go, and she thinks it may have been more, and that was in the 80's and 90's. i'm sure the cost of a private education has gone up since then. plus there are uniforms and dress clothes for dress-up days (and we had one of those per month, which meant new dress clothes often), and so on.
not to mention boarding fees if she's sending him to a boarding school.

Last edited:
Well, in that case I hope her son is already in at least 9th grade....

Geez I wonder about the quality of that school if $10,000 is enough, unless that covers maybe one year.

The top two private schools in Hawaii (Punahou and Iolani) are both $14,000 a year. Even the second tier schools run about $8000-10,000 a year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom