Do you subscribe to any cooking mags?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
Do you guys have subscriptions to any cooking magazines?

I subscribe to Fine Cooking, and I am really happy with it. I used to get a few different magazines but have been so happy with FC that I've canceled the others.
-Brooke

I've found a few favorite recipe websites I like and thought it would be a good idea to share what we all like.

lets see...
www.epicurious.com
is okay, one nice thing is you can rate the recipes and give feedback, but most of the recipes are so fancy pants that I wouldn't bother.
www.allrecipes.com
I've found is good for basic recipe searches, they get some weird things on there but another place you can rate recipes and some have over 1,000 ratings!

I suppose that is all I can think of for now, maybe more later.
-Brooke

Last edited:
Taste Of Home is my favorite.
It's filled with lots and lots of recipes! :)

i get some for free and i'm not sure why, but i don't really read them. i prefer cosmo.:-p

Cuisine At Home is the only one I subscribe to. I love it. It is the same format as Cooks Illustrated, but better IMO. There are no ads, there is a readers tips section which is a lot of fun and very informative, there are tons of great recipes, and the color photography is great. I have gotten so many excellent recipes out of this mag like a couple of stuffed flank steaks and also an amazing Greek Cucumber Salad (Kitchenelf this is the one you love :) ). They only put out 6 issues a year, but each one is jam packed with great stuff. I read it cover to cover, every page. It is a little on the expensive side, but well worth the $ for me.

Cuisine At Home

My favorite is Saveur,

I also get: Food Arts, Gourmet, Cooks Illustrated, Kitchen & Cook & Bon Appitete
Yeah I know I kinda get carried away:ohmy:

Taste of Home, Gourmet and Sunset (the latter is actually a western states lifestyle mag filled with travel, local events, and the like, but it also has lovely recipes using regional foods)

Back
Top Bottom