Can zucchini be stuffed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cats

Senior Cook
Hi everyone. Well, as all you gardeners probably know, it's now that time when the zucchini is harvesting in abundance. I'm wondering if zucchini can be stuffed, like bell peppers and eggplant can be stuffed. If any of you have tried this and have a TNT recipe, I would appreciate it very much if you could pass it along. Maybe it's not even possible to do, but thought I would just toss out this question. Thanks.

cats said:
Hi everyone. Well, as all you gardeners probably know, it's now that time when the zucchini is harvesting in abundance. I'm wondering if zucchini can be stuffed, like bell peppers and eggplant can be stuffed. If any of you have tried this and have a TNT recipe, I would appreciate it very much if you could pass it along. Maybe it's not even possible to do, but thought I would just toss out this question. Thanks.

When I have a glut of courgettes, I stuff them. Cut in half lengthwise. Cook for a couple of minutes, but still quite firm. Scoop out the centres. Make up a rich Bolognese sauce and a fill the 'boats' with the bolognese sauce. Put in a large shallow dish, sprinkle with a parmesan cheese/cheddar/ breadcrumb mixture and then cook in a low oven until the 'boats' are cooked through and the cheese melted!

Hi Cats,

i try to use small or med zukes, slice length wise, par-boiled til still firm, cool, scoop out centers and set aside, let cool til you can handle, squeeze out the water, and chop the center and add to some par-boiled onion, chopped cooked spinach, garlic minced, minced parsley, and I use a lot of marjoram..I then saute in oilive oil. Mix with fresh grated bread crumbs from italian bread, add parmesan cheese and eggs, mix together and stuff zukes, place on oiled cookie sheet with sides and bake til golden on top..I can try to exact this for you if your interested. I make this all the time for family and also use it to stuff onions.
kadesma:)

Mom used to stuff zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, cukes, grape leaves and cabbage with a lamb and rice stuffing and them simmer them in chicken broth. We called that dolma which is similar to the Greek dolmates.

I use giant Zucchinis for stuffing; they should be about 12" in length.

I scoop out the Zucchini pulp and chop it. I dice 3 large garlic cloves, onions, & red and green Bell Peppers.

I cook the pulp and the other veggies in a 4 quart (or larger) Dutch Oven until tender.

Add 1 Tsp of Italian Seasoning blend.

Add black pepper &/or hot sauce.

Add 2 cups (or so) of Italian Seasoned Bread crumbs and 1 cup of an inexpensive brand of canned parmesan cheese (like Kraft).

Stir until combined.

Place inside zucchini shells and bake at 350 degrees until zucchini shells are tender.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom