your favorite gum?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
my favorites..... wow, i have a lot, but to narrow it down, i'd say it's a toss-up between clove gum and beeman's for chewing gum, and i love jum-blow gumballs and dubble bubble for bubble gum.
what do you like best?

yes! yes! fruit striped one. what's it called? or is that the name?

and as a kid i loved this gum they made, disgustingly enough, packaged like chewing tabacco, in a large pouch and the gum was ground up in chunks. the gum was really soft and really good (thankfully, it didn't taste like tobacco).

That was big league chew.
And yes, the zebra was fruit stripe.

Here's one from about 1971:(wish I could remember the name): it had a clown on the front and the flavors were chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. I used to hate the chocolate ones and give them to my sister.

I think it may have been big top gum

Last edited:
i am such a gum addict. when i was younger i lived for Hubba Bubba Blueberry gum.
can't find it anymore though. i love the super super sugary bubble gums.

I've always like Beeman's Pepsin gum but I haven't seen it in several years. Perhaps it isn't made anymore. I used to find it a couple of times a year and stock up[ - but not for a long while.

MrsGB said:
when i was younger i lived for Hubba Bubba Blueberry gum.
can't find it anymore though

i loved hubba bubba when i was a kid and then i couldn't find it anymore, either. but then i just found some at the store like last week.:ohmy: :) wrigley's makes it. i got sour double berry.

licia said:
I've always like Beeman's Pepsin gum but I haven't seen it in several years. Perhaps it isn't made anymore. I used to find it a couple of times a year and stock up[ - but not for a long while.

i have a pack of beeman's in front of me.:) they sell it at some places around here.

Last edited:
MrsGB said:
i am such a gum addict. when i was younger i lived for Hubba Bubba Blueberry gum.
can't find it anymore though. i love the super super sugary bubble gums.
I did not know this about you. I was never a huge gum fan, but Hubba Bubba was by far my favorite. I loved how super sugery it was. That is kind of odd for me because I generally am not crazy about sweets.

MrsGB, just another reason we are soulmates :mrgreen:

Does anyone remember the name of a variety of gum that tasted like black licorce? I haven't seen it in years, "black cat" pops to my mind, but I'm not sure :huh:

Call me :wacko: but I've always really liked Thrills gum (Chicklets are cool too!)

Thrills%20gum.JPG

There was one called Black Jack that had a licorice taste. I've never liked licorice in any form, but I remember that one. I like pepsin or teaberry, but hardly ever see them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom