Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The weather's somewhat semi-agreeable. At any rate, Buck and I are sitting out on our big front porch. Our 3-month-old kittens are having a right, regular "rodeo." There's all manner of "slamming, banging, flipping, pounding, twirling" going on. Heads and tails are flippin' everywhere. Paws are pounding and flailing. It's a great show. All the available "toys" are being pressed into service. Read that to mean...sticks, twigs, bark, rocks...whatever. Everything's a toy. This is the Disneyworld of kittydom. Life is good.

Watching them takes our minds off the rest of the world. We are transformed into a world of amazement and fun. Long live kittens!

Katie, you have a wonderful way with words, taking such a simple thing and turning it into a wonderful word picture. Thanks - we were all able to enjoy your kittens and your front porch along with you!

Paul's brother spent the night last night.
We have a play to go to tonight ( The King and I)
We are having dinner out with friends the night after that
and the Microsoft Christmas party is Saturday night!! It's a busy but
fun filled week. Smiles every day.

Last thing that made me smile or even chuckle, was last weekend- my 3yr old grandson - he doesn't speak real clear on some words. We try help him. He pulled out these little tiny gloves from his backpack. I said to his brother (10) aw , look how cute his gloves are - he put his hands up and said no Grandma they are Gubs !!!! Bless his sweet heart, I am still smiling !

Katie,
I love your post about the kittens. We have two, now 6 months. They play, eat, sleep and get loved together. They fill our days with such enjoyment and amazement, never knowing what they will do next. They seem to know when were sad and do everything they can think of to cheer us up. Needless to say, we love these little fur bags very, very much.

Yep, Essie. Kittens and their unconditional love are fabulous stress relievers. We have one of those kittens, Sally, now living inside with us. She is nothing short of an angel and a beautiful, beautiful little girl. When I pet her and she purrs back in "thanks," I can feel my blood pressure going down. Just looking at her makes me break out in a great, big smile.

No kittens, but, I had a lovely time with my two daughters, we gussied up the kids and took them to see Santa and have a picture taken..All went well with Cade and Carson, who both grinned and loved the visit..Next came Ethan who hopped up beside Santa and waited for his little sister, who took one look at this big burly man with whiskers and a red suit and climbed her mom's frame in her long dress and you could hear the howls all the way to the other end of the mall..So, Livi now has a picture of her screaming, her brother looking ready to bolt and Santa, looks as if life as he knew has ended:LOL:
Were both my daughters happy, well one was the other one just sighed and said maybe next year:ROFLMAO: Me, the best laugh I've had in months
kades

:chef: As with many of you all, my family brings the smiles just about every day, but I can't remember being able to remain so calm, as you did with your children visiting Santa, kades, and if memory serves, mine reacted pretty much the same way, except mine are all 4 sons, and what a delight they continue to be, even though now they are grown with children of their own, who just multiply the joy! :flowers:

:chef: As with many of you all, my family brings the smiles just about every day, but I can't remember being able to remain so calm, as you did with your children visiting Santa, kades, and if memory serves, mine reacted pretty much the same way, except mine are all 4 sons, and what a delight they continue to be, even though now they are grown with children of their own, who just multiply the joy! :flowers:
Lovestobake,
the calm comes with being "ma" instead of mommy...I told my daughters anytime they really irked me while growing up, I can't wait til you have your own kids!! Well today ol ma got to watch the fun instead of being ringmaster:LOL:
kadesma;)

Lovestobake,
the calm comes with being "ma" instead of mommy...I told my daughters anytime they really irked me while growing up, I can't wait til you have your own kids!! Well today ol ma got to watch the fun instead of being ringmaster:LOL:
kadesma;)

Yeah, kades. Paybacks are heck!!!!!!

Isn't it wonderful to see our children experience the things they "swore" they'd never do?

Children of our children have a wonderful way of tempering things.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last thing that made me smile was my wife. She just had surgery and was able to come home tonight. She has done very well and I am SO proud of her. Just seeing her face makes me smile!!

Other then that, the last thing that made me smile that I can show you was this pic. The youngest comes up with new silly faces all the time. All we have to do is say "Monkey Face" and this is what he does.

2070749276_3716070dfe.jpg

Other than the photo above!!

I just had a bone marrow biopsy, and while most of you would not think it something to smile about, I am rather ticklish and despite all the prodding and needles, I kept on bursting into laughter, which while at times unsettling for the doctor holding the instrument (!), made the team as a whole laugh (hopefully with me!), and the experience was only mildly annoying because of the happy atmosphere!

When I switched on my pc this afternoon, I had a complimentary PM which made me smile.

This morning, my cat was on top of my car and he forgot that this car has a very sloped windscreen. He almost tumbled down and ended up doing that backward running thing that cartoon animals do at the edge of cliff! The rest of the street was barely awake and there am I chortling my head off!!LOL

I smile at lots and lots of things cos I am a happy person!!

Other than the photo above!!

I just had a bone marrow biopsy, and while most of you would not think it something to smile about, I am rather ticklish and despite all the prodding and needles, I kept on bursting into laughter, which while at times unsettling for the doctor holding the instrument (!), made the team as a whole laugh (hopefully with me!), and the experience was only mildly annoying because of the happy atmosphere!

When I switched on my pc this afternoon, I had a complimentary PM which made me smile.

This morning, my cat was on top of my car and he forgot that this car has a very sloped windscreen. He almost tumbled down and ended up doing that backward running thing that cartoon animals do at the edge of cliff! The rest of the street was barely awake and there am I chortling my head off!!LOL

I smile at lots and lots of things cos I am a happy person!!

Well said! I would have to say I smile a lot as well.

Hope everything goes good for you!

Well, I think it would be the posts by the last two people! NA - quite the "ham"! What a great pic.

Bilby - best of luck to you and {{{{{{{{
2d90b895dd45ed3cc55332ea0ccf5f2b.gif
}}}}}}}}

Lovestobake,
kadesma;)

:LOL: I believe I remember telling my kids,"wait until you grow up and you'll see what it's like." Many times I look back and remind them now about different things, and we all sit and laugh. Sometimes they'll say, "but Mama, we never acted like that. We knew better than to pull a stunt like that. We've have gotten our rears busted. You'd have though I was a child beater. I just have to smile and say, I remember when......;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom