Buffalo Chili Onions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
Buffalo Chili Onions
[size=-1]Makes 6 side-dish servings[/size]
header_bg.gif
09187.jpg

[size=-1]Ingredients:[/size]
[size=-1]1/2 [/size][size=-1]cup Frank's® RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce[/size]
[size=-1]1[/size][size=-1]/2 [/size][size=-1]cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted or olive oil[/size]
[size=-1]1/4 [/size][size=-1]cup chili sauce[/size]
[size=-1]1 [/size][size=-1]tablespoon chili powder[/size]
[size=-1]4 [/size][size=-1]large sweet onions, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices[/size]
[size=-1]Directions:[/size]
[size=-1]Whisk together Frank's RedHot Sauce, butter, chili sauce and chili powder in medium bowl until blended; brush on onion slices.[/size][size=-1]Place onions on grid. Grill over medium-high coals 10 minutes or until tender, turning and basting often with the chili mixture. Serve warm.[/size][size=-1]Tip : Onions may be prepared ahead and grilled just before serving.[/size]

I've used this bbq sauce on many veggies and chicken too. When I grill onions they always fall apart, the rings separate when I try to flip them over, so I resorted to using tooth picks which is not great since they burn:LOL: Tried my metal kabob skewers but those were too thick so they split the onion slices. How do I keep them from falling apart?

maybe bamboo skewers, or try soaking your toothpicks, before inserting into the onions.

Back
Top Bottom