Brunch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coquille

Assistant Cook
Has anyone a idea of what a proper brunch should look like ( for about 20 people??)
:roll: :?:

Brunch ideas from Food 911

I don't know if you ever watch the Food Network on TV, but I am addicted to it. There's a show called Food 911 that just showed an excellent brunch idea - I was planning on using it myself sometime soon. You can get the exact recipe online at www.foodtv.com, then just search for "Brunch". You can search all of the tv shows they have, so you can search directly under Food 911. The basic foods served were a bagel tray with smoked salmon, herbed cream cheese, olives, capers, tomatoes, and onions; applewood-smoked bacon; banana bread with pecans; these delicious French-style scrambled eggs topped with avacado and chives; and a pitcher of Bloody Marys if you so choose to serve that :)

Here is a link to the scrambled egg recipe:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_22820,00.html

The rest of the recipes from that episode are linked at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps :)

:LOL:
Thank-you ladies !!
It's so nice to know that if I look for something you guys always find a answer :LOL:
Monday is my day off, so I have time to put a brunch together. I'll post it for you.
Inez

The brunch as promised. It's different from the american and english style because it's for dutch people and they usually want a lot for as less money as possible ( me thinks this is very sad...) So dónt see this as one of my favorites but just your ordinary dutch treat!!! :LOL:

Breads : white/brown/banana/luxury bake off
( they will start eating at 12 on sunday and I am not planning on backing after a busy saturday night !!!)

- different meats: salami / ham / mortadella
- scrambeld eggs with bacon
- salmon salade
- smoked salmon
- guich Lorraine
- Egg salade
- Fig jam
- quince jam
- Fresh fruit salade
- butter
- milk
- koffie and tea

That's it. If you think there is something missing let me know... ;)

Here are a few recipes I thought would be nice for Brunch:

Papaya and Raspberries with Lime(makes 6 servings)

3 ripe papayas, about 1 pound (480 g) each, peeled and seeded
1 cup (120 g) fresh raspberries
juice and grated zest of two small limes
sugar substitute, to taste

Cut the peeled and seeded papayas in half lengthwise. Cut into slices and arrange in individual dessert dishes.
Divide the raspberries among the dishes. Drizzle with lime juice. Sprinkle with lime zest and a small amount of sugar substitute. Taste and add more sugar substitute, if needed. Serve at once.

Per serving: 72 calories (4% calories from fat), 1 g protein, trace total fat (0 saturated fat), 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g dietary fiber, 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium
Diabetic exchanges: 1 carbohydrate (fruit)

Sparkling Citrus Punch
Easy to make, this recipe makes plenty--enough to quench the thirst of a large gathering of friends and family! :D

2 cups cold water
1/2 can (12-ounce size) frozen tangerine or orange juice concentrate, thawed
1/2 can (12-ounce size) frozen grapefruit juice concentrate, thawed
1 bottle (1 liter) sparkling water, chilled

1. Mix all ingredients in punch bowl.
2. Serve over ice.

OYSTERS LOUISIANA

Ingredients:
4 oz. butter - melted
1.5 pints oysters - drained
4 green onions - chopped finely
3 cloves garlic - minced
½ lb. fresh lump crabmeat
½ cup bread crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Melt butter in a skillet. Add oysters and cook until dry. Add onions and garlic and cook slowly for at least 10 minutes. Fold in crabmeat and crumbs. Simmer 5 minutes more. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Oyster & Artichoke Soup
Ingredients:

5 6 ounce cans of artichokes
1 Pound of butter
1 Quart of heavy cream
1 Cup of all purpose white flour
3 Tablespoons chicken soup base
2 Ounces curly parsley
2 Ounces green onions
2 Cups oysters chopped
1 Tablespoon granulated garlic
3 Quarts warm water
Juice from oysters

Cooking Directions:
In a pot set over low heat add butter and flour, stirring with a whisk to make a blond Roux.
Then add the water and heavy cream, let simmer for 10 minutes.
Strain artichokes and add to the pot, then add oysters.
Simmer for 20 minutes, constantly stirring.
Then add remaining ingredients and simmer to desired consistency.
Serves 10 to 15.

thanks for the trouble sushi, but first of all I live in holland so no fresh papayas ect. and second of all, oysters are way above budjet !!
cooking at home is very different from cooking in a restaurant ( which happens to be my profession ! )... and I hate everything coming out of a :twisted: can !!! :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom