1 1 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Z

Head Chef
Today Las Vegas, NV tied the record high temperature E V E R, not just 'on this date' (well - - since they started keeping records, anyway).

At 117 degrees above zero (Fahrenheit) it was also the hottest day I, personally, have ever experienced - - well, except maybe that time when I was in the military on temporary deployment ON THE SURFACE OF THE SUN!!! (but that didn't count 'cause I didn't live there)

Las Vegas has had record breaking high temps for the past 3 days AND record high overnight lows as well (93-95 F).

The good news is that today's humidity was only 4%......... LOL

:huh:

p.s. - - I grew up in Iowa and my personal "record cold" (not counting 'wind chill') was -45 degrees F. (On a side note: It also happened to be windy. The weatherman said the wind chill was -100. Of course you know I HAD to go outside to feel that!)

Can anybody touch that range? (-45 to 117 ? = 167)

I am worried about my parents. They arrived in Vegas when the temp started to climb. Thank goodness they fly home tomorrow. Stay cool, The Z.

I lived in the Dakotas, I know exactly the kind of biting cold that you're talking about. When it's 30 degrees below zero and the wind is ripping...you can't even describe how cold it is. It just hurts.

:heart:
Z

there's a few times it's been 30 below not counting the wind chill in cleveland.
i know once it was 104, but i don't know if that is a record high or not.

Not to worry. Cooler temps are on the way. S'posed to be getting some clouds and rain on the weekend. Might only get to 105 (normal for this time of year).

On my wedding day (and yes it was an outdoor wedding!) it was 104. I had a nice light dress on, but poor hubby had insisted on wearing a dark suit!

I lived in upstate NY for awhile when I was a kid and I know it got well below zero with wind chill during some of those blizzards.

Z, and everyone else enduring these extra-hot days, take it easy and be careful! :)

Even though my family comes from South Africa, I was born in Thompson, Manitoba. My mom told me that in the winter of '63, the temperatures were -60 F (with wind chill, -110). Glad to say, I don't remember.

On February 8th, 1987, the temperature in Uitenhage, South Africa was 44 C. I remember the date because it was my eldest daughter's 3rd birhtday. In nearby Kirkwood, the temp topped 50 C. 44 C is about 111 F.

That's a big spread, no? Sandyj

Wow! 117!
We were in Europe a few years back.. can't remember for sure how hot it got
but the railroad tracks were bending because of the heat. Pretty dang horrid
for folks from Seattle who know nothing about "bad weather".

They said in the desert it was 130°

Hottest I've ever been in was in the 106 range, coldest I've ever been in was around 35 beow which was quite normal during the dead of winter with a wind chill of -80 - they closed the top of the ski mountain until it warmed up a tad. Average temp. for mid winter ran around 15 - 20 below.

Yeah, there are some really hot places. I just checked weather.com for Death Valley, CA...

...for the next 10 days the average daytime high is just over 122 degrees.

ouch

Back
Top Bottom