Our Family Reunion was a huge success!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

licia

Executive Chef
We survived our family reunion - 99 people for 3 days. Lots of work, but everyone pitched in and made it a total success. It was worth all the preplanning and preparations that took a few months of my time. As usual, we had too much food and lots of fun. We rented two cottages and about 12 lodge rooms and one community hall. We had 5 generations in my immediate family attending and the oldest was almost 90, the youngest 20 months. We had a basketball, volleyball, horseshoes, card and board games, a swimming pool (which most of the kids took full advantage of and went home a little browner or sunburned) and much fun catching up with our gab. I had planned all the meals, but Saturday evening was catered. We have a family talent show that night and it was really fun (more like a gong show). My mom and her siblings are continuing their celebration with a sister reunion for a few days before everyone goes their separate ways. We took pictures of each sibling group represented and the group total. One of the younger relatives did a slide show using pictures from past reunions which made us all a little teary eyed missing the ones who were no longer with us, even my grandmother. I suppose this was about the biggest undertaking I've ever done but am so glad it turned out so well. I will never be able to do it again but hope someone else will take over. I also had made up a booklet of the family tree, starting 1753 when our German multi grandparents came over, and gave a copy to each family.I am taking some time off to recoup, then I must get busy and catch up on all kinds of housework that has slipped in the interim. Didn't mean to make this so long, but it couldn't be said in a couple of sentences.

Back
Top Bottom