BBQ in the Blue Ridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
Here is an article about the Blue Ridge Bluegrass and BBQ Festival they have in Tryon, NC. Biggest BBQ contest in NC, and they have great music, crafts, food. Great all american family kind of weekend.

We have 2 governor's awards 2nd & 3rd place and won 1st in ribs from Tryon. And if you ever get a chance to go I highly recommend it.

http://tinyurl.com/bq6e9

Lovely!

Raine, I clicked on your link and had a quick read of the information - it sounds so nice! If you are one of the winners of the bar-b-cue competition, congratualtions! I would love to go to a festival like this one, and I (more than) suspect my DH would like it, too. We're casting about for things to do in the last month of the summer as a family (before our middle daughter goes off to college in Delaware). We are 6: me, DH (bar-b-que enthusiast - and quite good, I must say), 3 girls and my mom, who is in her mid-70's. Come to think of it, we can't leave our 4th daughter, Shelby, our 4 year old golden retriever. In May, we went to a time-share outside of Harrisonburg, VA, which was really fun, and we so enjoyed Southern cooking and, of course, hospitality! Sandyj

Sandy, there are lots of motels that take doggies - just do a search. If you're interested in the festival, there may even be 'kitchenettes' or cabins you could rent. Who knows, doggie might like bluegrass, too!

Raine, North Carolina is one of the prettiest states in the nation. We have grandchildren that live in Pisgah Forest, close to Brevard, and I fell in love with the place when we visited. And the people are so sweet and friendly...I never met a stranger there.
We ate at a good BBQ joint in Brevard...can't remember the name, but we had some really glorious pork. :pig:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom