Russian Menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
Good friends of ours will be going to Russia for a few weeks in Sept. We would love to serve them a Russian meal before they go. Any ideas and recipes out there? Nothing too complicated, please, since I have trouble finding "exotic" ingredients here.

Thanks in advance

Be still my heart – I love Russian dinners! :bounce: (Or an meal), they were traditional New Year’s Day fare for me when I was growing up.

Blini are a must! Think sour cream (I love mine with sour cream or creme fraiche and sweet strawberry jam), (if you can get some/like it) caviar, hearty thick soups, pickled vegetables, potatoes, lots of dill and caraway, mushrooms, beef or venison (sometimes in Russia they even eat reindeer – I’d keep that fact awy from young Santa Clause-believing ears though), dark brown (rye perhaps) or black bread and either some rich, creamy dairy based desert or something with berries or apples to round off the meal. And as ubiquitous as it sounds Vodka would work well with the meal, serve it ice cold.

lol, buckytom. Thanks for the ideas, should be a fun dinner; I knew I could count on you wonderful people.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom