Vineyard Sausages with Grapes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Haggis

Sous Chef
Here is a great spring/summer recipe that is absolutely delicious. When I had this me and the girlfriend were out in the hot sun eating this with a nice rose wine to wash it down. Good food + wine + blazing sun = nap time.

Vineyard Sausages with Grapes
------------------------------

750g firm, ripe green grapes
1kg thin, italian-style pork sausages
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp dry white wine
2 tbsp parsley (I generally use a bit more parsley)
crusty bread to serve

Wash and dry the grapes, then remove them from their stalks.

Prick the sausages well. Heat the oil in a large frypan over medium heat and add the sausages. Pan-fry slowly, turning them every couple of minutes, until they are well browned and firm. Drain off half the oil if it seems like an excessive amount.

Add the grapes, season with salt and black pepper. Cook gently for a few minutes, until most of the grapes split and release their juice. Shake the pan occasionally to coat the sauasage in the grape juice. Add the white wine and shake again.

Pile the sausages onto a warm platter and top with the warmed grapes. Drizzle with the remaining pan juices and scatter with parsley leaves. Serve with crusty bread.

Serves 4.

Try it out, it really is a great dish on a warm day.

Just regular thin style italian pork sausages work best, easier for eating. You could make the dish with any sized Italian pork sausage though.

Thanks Haggis - I don't know that I've ever seen that shape here - but I can't imagine, like you said, that I couldn't use any Italian pork sausage! Thanks. This recipe is very intriguing!!!

No worries.

In the photo of the recipe the sausages they used were really quite short (though I'm not talking cocktail weiner size) and quite thin.

I couldn't find any resembling that, the ones I used were shaped like regulation sized beef sausages. And since we were eating it lazing around outside on the grass I cut the sausages into shorter lengths to make one-handed fork eating possible :P.

Good idea about the bite-size pieces!!!! Thanks for the tips - especially the one about lazing around on the grass! :mrgreen: That's a very important part of the recipe IMHO!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom