Henckels Everedge knives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whyme?

Assistant Cook
Has anyone had experience with Henckels Everedge knives?

I found Henckels Everedge 13-Piece Knife Set w/ bonus Cheese Knife for $29.99 Shipped.

Last edited:
Micro Serrated blades are usually not a good choice. They do that so they can claim they never need sharpening, but they are not even close to a good quality blade that is not micro serrated.

I am not familiar with these knives, but I hear the old adage "You get what you pay for" ringing in my ears.

13 knives for $30 shipped. That's cheap.

"How bad can they be?" you might ask yourself. Well, cheap knives can be really, really bad. Like you can't use them bad. And I am talking about $10 chef's knives. I bought my mom one and it could not even cut an onion. I took it bak (to Wal mart).

So I would caution you to find some really fantastic feedback on the knives before buying them.

And you should always try out knives before you buy them.

Last edited:
Good points everyone. Thanks for responding. Maybe I will wait for some knives. :)

One other thing - has anyone heard of those "Miracle Edge" knives? I know those are serated too - stay away from those too?

Using Chef Tony's "Miracle Blades" was like trying to cut something with a dough scraper.

They're useless. Sorry.

With the slight exception of the strange long one that looks like a swordfish's snout. That was better than useless. But I wouldn't spend my own money on one.

IMO save up some dough and buy 1 or 2 good knives. Not a set. Like a chef's knife and a paring knife. They are versatile and really all you need for most kitchen jobs.

Plus, if you do buy good knives and take care of them, you'll have them basically forever.

Sorry for sounding dumb, but there are several mentions of a chef's knife... I don't know what that means. Again, sorry for my ignorance.

Also, is there a certain name brand of knife that is preferred over another?

CHEF'S KNIFE. A versatile, utility knife, usually 6 to 10 inches long with a slightly curved blade. Used for chopping, mincing, dicing, slicing and most general kitchen work.

Here is the one I have

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://image1.styleinamerica.com/wsecimgs/images/products/200511/0020/img78.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/c-cutwtwb.jsp&h=234&w=187&sz=2&tbnid=_SfBH70Dv0YJ:&tbnh=104&tbnw=83&hl=en&start=7&prev=/images%3Fq%3D%2522chef%2527s%2Bknife%2522%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D

Check out the many other threads here on how to choose a knife. Just make sure you TRY it before you BUY it.

Last edited:
The only two serrated edge knives that you should get are a bread knife and steak knives. The problem with serrated knives are that although the teeth do help sometimes with the initial slicing of certain types of foods, the serrated edge makes it very difficult to change or adjust your cutting stroke mid-motion because the serrated edge bites into, and "clings" to the food. If you're chopping say a mire poix for a soup and you try to correct your cutting stroke because you notice you're coming down on the food on a bias, once you've taken the wrong angle it's hard to change it and compensate for it, especially with more firm textured foods like carrots. Also, if you want to cut something like raw or seared tuna, you will most likely just end up shredding the meat with a serrated knife.

Like jennyema said, invest in a good chef's knife, but also in a good sharpening steel and sharpening stone. The steel will help smooth out the blade and sharpen it somewhat but the stone is what will really give you that edge you're looking for, and help you extend the life of your blade. You don't even have to invest in a Henkels, Wustof-Trident, etc. Forschner makes an affordable and good quality knife for everyday use. It's also lighter and less bulkier than some of the higher-end brands, so it all depends on what you're looking for. When you go to the store, hold several knives and mimic cutting motions so that you get a feel for the balance of the knife, and how it feels in your hand. That will dictate on which type of handle you get, the length of the knife, weight, etc.

GO to www.pcd.com This is a web retailer of cutlery. They have a section that really describes what each knife is called and what it is good for. They also have a good explanation of the types of blades and their advantages and disadvantages

Last edited:
the Henckles Everedge knives are crap, my roommate has them and I hate them... the serrations make it very hard to cut raw meat because it clings so bad. For vegetables there ok but its hard to cut hard things since htye are fairly dull and only about a year old.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom