Stuff Me! Im a Chicken!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
Ok.... I know that the Brine thing is good. Alas it would be a pain for me to do it for many reasons, that are to long to list here.
SO.... what I usually do is after washing the bird I put it on a pan with a horizontal rack inside. I put pepper and salt on it and throw it in the oven @ 350 deg. and cook it 25 minutes per pound.
My question is.....
To get a bird that has a better flavor.... what should I stuff in the bird? I will not be eating what is put in it. I'll just serve the bird itself. ;)

Anyone have any recomendations? :)

A nice trick to get flavor right into the meat of a chicken is to make an herb butter. (If you need help w/ that just ask) What I then do is rub it inside the chicken and I also peel the chicken skin up, careful not to take it off and then rub the herb butter inbetween the skin and meat. This works wonderfuly for a tastey bird!

-Thyme

A slice of apple and a slice of onion, warmed in the microwave and steeped in steaming water for a little while can add a nice flavor when stuffed in there as well. As can a cinnamon stick. Fresh ferbs are really good too, like ironchef said.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom