Hello DC!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SilvrBck

Cook
My screen name is SilvrBck but you can call me Drew. :) I was very happy to find a healthy forum dedicated to my favorite pastime: making and then eating excellent food. Sometimes I nail it, sometimes I don't. A cookbook doesn't have the cumulative help of 3700 cooks like this board does!

When I was little, I had tons of food allergies, so my parents started making everything from scratch for me to eat, and without even knowing it, they sowed the seeds in my malliable little brain that I would grow up compelled to make every possible food item from scratch. This includes beer, dry cured salamis, bread, cheese...etc, etc.

My love for cooking took off when I went to a fancy shmancy restaurant and they made a killer ceasar salad tableside. I looked at the ingredients, tasted the results, and said, "Why can't I do this at home, any time I want?" When I found my first virgin olive oil at a chef's store it was all over. I always thought olive oil was green vegetable oil. :glare:

My favorite, most influential chef/writer, is definitely James Beard. I use his American Cookery like a holy grail. I wish I could have met the guy but what can you do?

Anyway, I hope I can become an asset to the boards, and that I give as much as I take. Thanks for having me. :)

Drew

*edited for spelling

Great introduction Drew! You are going to fit in here perfectly :)

By the way, I love your avatar! I have a huge mortar and pestle fan. I love using them, and I find you can't replace them with other methods and get the same results often. Pesto is a good example. I find a huge difference in pesto made with a mortar and pestle vs a food processor.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...Welcome to DC!

Welcome to the family Drew!

I'm so looking forward to seeing your recipes! Do you still have the allergies you had early-on, or have you grown out of them?

And, you are right - this group is made up of some really amazing, helping people!

allergies...

Luckily, I can now graze through most any food group like a rampaging goat. :-p Still don't drink milk cause I never did when I was little. Rye is off the menu as well. Fine with me! :)

Man, I'm glad it's Friday. One of my fiancee's friends is having her birthday today and I get to rotisserie a chicken on the Weber kettle tonight after work. Yeeehaw!

Drew

Hi Drew,

It's always a pleasure to meet and greet someone new to DC...I remember my first time here with a great deal of pleasure. I hope you will someday look back on today and feel as I do..WELCOME..Drew I'm hapopy to know you.
kadesma:)

Welcome to DC, Drew!! You will absolutely love it here! I am addicted as I'm sure all the others are too. You'll soon see the ones that are here everyday and talk about everyday life, not just food. This is my second family!! Welcome!!

15.gif

SilvrBck said:
Rye is off the menu as well. Fine with me! :)

Man, I'm glad it's Friday. Drew

Welcome to DC!!

Bummer about the rye - I've got a couple of killer beer recipes that use it! :mrgreen:

As the resident common sewer of beer, I'll tip one for you! :angel:

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom