And another one...Do you put

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alot of food just tastes so bland without them. Whatever cuisine your cooking there is not a dish that cannot be improved by the addition of onion in some form or another :P.

Caramelised onions and a roast? Ohhh yeah!

I guess thats why its one of the 'big three' of italian, french and many other european cuisines.

Oh yes, onions are VITAL in so many dishes! I prefer those really hot, ultra-oniony brown onions, too. You can\'t have meatballs without onion, nor spag. bol., a stirfry is bland without onions, lots of onions in casseroles and stews (soups, too, if I made soup), baked onions to go with a roast, finely chopped onion in mashed potato, onion gravy (goes well with sausages or meatballs). I even put grated onion into scrambled eggs, omelettes and quiches.

I like very finely sliced onion rings in a tossed salad, but to pander to wimpy taste-buds, I usually use a red onion for that!

Tonight I\'ll be having fritters made with leftover corned beef - and chopped onions mixed into the batter. Maybe some fried onions on the side.

I grow some of my own onions, but when I need to buy them, I buy in bulk and freeze them sliced or chopped. I think I\'d have a stroke if I ran out of onions!!

I needed an onion before DH fell and fractured his hip so I ran (not really) over to Costco. Wow!! they are the size of a basket ball..well, a baseball I guess. Now that I am home alone.."What do I do with 10 pounds of onions!! I guess I could cut them up (my processer died) and freeze that but to make them taste good when I fry some, other then butter what would make them taste good?Don't they do something different when they are put on a steak sandwitch?

Marge

you soooooo put onion.:-p i just remember my Mom going through this proper vocabulary phase when i was a kid and i have yet to recover. you wanna see someone swear, though, tee-hee, that's what i'm best at......

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom