Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise?

• Miracle Whip

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Mayonnaise

Votes: 37 69.8%

• Total voters

KAYLINDA

Head Chef
The Potato Salad thread brought this question to my mind.
In studying the differences in Mayo and Miracle Whip...I noticed that Miracle Whip...even though "tangier" has sugar as an added ingredient. My husband calls it "tangier"...I call it "sweeter" than mayo. What do you use the most...(the poll)..and which way do you perceive Miracle Whip to be...tangier or sweeter than mayo?

I like Miracle whip...
Paul likes Mayo.. so we always have them both around.

I think MW has a tangy sweeter flavor.:)

I never have Miracle Whip in the fridge!!!! I got worn down on that stuff growing up as that was all my Mom would use. It is too sweet to me.

I do not equate them as equals and use them for very different things. I may use MW for a sandwich spread or a tartar sauce, but not in a salad like tuna, ham, potato or pasta.

But for bologna n cheese on white bread with iceberg, sure!

Kaylinda, I use both, but mayo more often..I do like MW in deviled eggs and several other things..I think the MW tastes sweeter.

kadesma:rolleyes:

i mostly use light miricle whip. i tried using it once in a creamy spinach dip and it was just awful...way too sweet. the next time i made the spiniach dip i used low fat mayo and it tasted sooo much better. so to answer your question mostly light miricle whip, and mayo for dips.

I don't think we get Miracle Whip in the UK. Mayonnaise over 'salad cremes', every time though!

Ishbel Miracle whip tastes pretty much the same as the "Salad Creme", I think it is made in basically the same way. Anyway I detest that stuff (both miracle whip and salad creme) I go with mayo all the way... and thank god the Italians don't make such a sinister thing!!:mrgreen:

I agree with Allen M. Nothing but Hellman's mayo. I grew up eating Miracle Whip. That is all my mother ever bought. I didn't even know what mayo tasted like really unless I had something at a restaurant. I have only one recipe that I use MW in and I buy that tiny jar just for the recipe. I use Hellman's mayo in all of my salads and sandwiches.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom