Homemade Peanut Butter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

urmaniac13

Executive Chef
I would love to make some peanut butter cookies because I am sure Cristiano's kids would love them. However in Italy peanut butter is not a traditional food and not yet very spread. You can find them in supermarkets but they are all RIDICULOUSLY over-priced. I wonder if there are ways to conjure up a home made peanut butter at home (peanuts ARE easily available here) or something very similar to replace the peanut butter... (I wonder if I could make something like marzipan using peanuts??) Anyone has an idea?
TIA!!

Hi Licia,

homemade peanut butter......here you go:

250g / 8 3/4 oz peanuts
1-2 tbsp peanut oil
salt, sugar

peel the peanuts, also remove the brown skins. Put the peanuts on a baking tray and roast them in the oven until fragrant. Put in a blender or food processor and add just as much oil you'll need to get it smooth. Season to your taste with sugar and salt.

Viele Grüsse
Iris :chef:

Last edited:
Here you go my friend...it looks quite simple.

Homemade Peanut Butter
Prep time: about 10 minutes

Ingredients:

* 1 1/2 c. unsalted roasted peanuts
* 1 tbsp. peanut oil

Directions:

For smooth peanut butter:

1. Mix the peanuts with the peanut oil, and pour the mixture into the food processor.
2. Process the mixture until it's very smooth.
3. Store your smooth peanut butter in a sealed container in the fridge. It will be good for 2 weeks.

For chunky peanut butter:

1. Take about 1/4 cup out of your 1 1/2 cups of peanuts and set them aside.
2. Mix the rest of the peanuts with the oil, and pour the mixture into the food processor.
3. Process the mixture until it's very smooth, then stir in the peanuts that you had set aside.
4. Process a few seconds more to create the chunks in your chunky peanut butter.
5. Store your chunky peanut butter in a sealed container in the fridge. It will be good for 2 weeks.

Serves: 12

Thanx Iris & Constance!! I didn't realise it would be this simple... I think I am going to run over to the market and get some peanuts right now!! (This will make my little white hammy Napoleone very happy as well!!
img_166565_0_d93d4ce7be691b81eeb62cb9fb13dead.jpg
(yes yes Licia!! go get some peanuts!!)

I remember my dad making homemade peanut butter when I was really little.......it was soooooo good. I couldn't tell you how he did it though. Please let us know how yours turns out when you make it.

I did go get the peanuts from the little pakistani grocery shop around the corner, done with skinning and they are in the oven... it is starting to smell good I think they are almost ready!!:)

Wheeee!! Now it is done and it is sooooo good!! I hope I can save some to make the cookies... maybe I should do it right now while I am at it, once cristiano comes home it will be a goner in no time!!:)

Thanks again Iris you are the best!!

If I can resist scarfing down all of them just as they are, I will surely try it!!:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom