REC--Shrimp Casserole (TNT)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
I just made this to freeze for after the baby comes but I have a feeling we'll be eating it much sooner than that! It looks and smells wonderful.

Shrimp Casserole
Prep this ahead of time and freeze before cooking. You'll have a great standby meal for an evening you'd rather spend outside the kitchen!

Serving: 4
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes

1 ½ lb medium shrimp, peeled
½ green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
½ cup chopped onion
1 tsp minced garlic
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups skim milk
1 ½ cups cooked rice
1 tbsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup soft bread crumbs
1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp chopped parsley

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, over medium-high heat, cook the shrimp, pepper, onion, and garlic, about 5 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the shrimp are pink. Gradually stir in the flour and milk. Cook 5 minutes or until the mixture is thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.

2. Stir in cooked rice, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Remove from the heat and pour into a 2-quart casserole dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.

3. In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, cheese and parsley. Sprinkle over the shrimp mixture. Bake for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

Thanks! I'm impressed with the recipe because it turns out rich and flavorful and it calls for skim milk and NO butter!

That sounds great, how big are your shrimp? I would buy green prawns for this but I think they are a lot bigger than shrimp.

That looks like a lovely recipe!! So go ahead and enjoy it now, I am sure it would make your baby happy!!:LOL: I would mix some diced mild cheese that melts well, something like fontina, edam or gouda!! well... I am starting to drool just thinking about this...
38.gif

Back
Top Bottom